Days: Actor returns

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad to see Wally Kurth on soaps again, but why are they bringing him back when Adrienne's gone? This is going to be weird. I assume they aren't bringing her back (even though I'm sure Judi Evans would work cheap), so what will he be doing? Is this just a brief visit?

• Members

I'm not sure where the money comes from, although I doubt Wally's asking for big salary. He was on ATWT last year, some evil man with a puppet, so I assume this has to be paying better than ATWT was.

I guess they can just have him interact with Victor, Phillip, and Brady, but I wish they could have Judi Evans come back. She was wasted on her last return.

• Members

Please no Adrienne. I love JEL, but it should be clear by now that the writers have no idea what to write for returning middle-aged supercouples. Justin could be far more useful in a storyline with Bo, Hope and Carly. I'd love to see Alex, his son with Angelica Deveraux Curtis show up in Salem as well.

Guest dc cubs

This is interesting. I can see Justin getting involved in the Kiriakis/Dimera feud. I'm assuming the truce this week is only temporary.

I think he could be a love interest for Carly. Crystal's first scenes on Days were with Wally.

• Members

I actually believe that Judi won't be far behind. Wasn't Justin/Adrienne involved in bringing Carly back to Salem after their honeymoon in Hawaii?

Actually, DOOL is one the soaps that are better off--financially..It may have sucked for fans, but getting rid of Marlena/John, really freed up their budget. It's doing better in the ratings. It made cuts where it had to. I'm sure they are bringing back people who are willing to accept a certain type of salary only.

• Members

Daytime Emmy winner Wally Kurth is reprising his role as Justin Kiriakis beginning Monday, August 10, 2009. Kurth portrayed Justin from February 1987-February 1991. 4,700 episodes will have aired since his last appearance on Februart 5, 1991. Kurth's return breaks a "Days" record for the longest span of episodes between appearances by a male actor. The previous record was held by Andrew Masset (who went 4,297 episodes between appearances as Larry Welch; Thaao Penghlis who leads the list below had appeared in dual roles on "Days"). Kurth won an Emmy for composing the song "Barefoot Ballet" for "General Hospital" in 2002. He has also been nominated for two Soap Opera Digest Awards (as supporting actor in 1994 and hottest male in 1996).

While on "Days" from 1987-1991, Kurth arrived in town as Justin Kiriakis, the nephew of Victor Kiriakis. Kurth was paired with Judi Evans as his love interest, Adrienne Johnson. They were married on location in Greece, in what was at the time "Days" most expensive wedding shoot ever, on November 16, 1987. During their marriage, Justin had an affair with Anjelica Deveraux and had a son with her, Alexander. Before leaving Salem and moving to Texas in 1991, Justin and Adrienne adopted two twins, Joey and Victor, and Adrienne gave birth to their son, Jackson, off-screen. Adrienne briefly returned to Salem from 2007-2008 and was still married to Justin, who was never seen on-screen. She left town in 2008 and mentioned that she, Justin and the kids were moving to Dubai.

Kurth got his start on "Days of Our Lives." In "Days of Our Lives: The Complete Family Album", he stated that: "Days was my first professional television gig. The first year was magical. I loved the part of the story when rich Justin was pretending to be a construction worker while courting Adrienne. The scenes just sitting on park bences and talking were very sweet." After leaving "Days", Kurth would go on to play Ned Ashton on "General Hospital" from 1991-2005 and Sam Hutchins on "As the World Turns" from 2007-2008. He also hosted the SoapNet series "1 Day With..." from 2004-2005, which featured him spending a day with various soap stars.

Wallace Berkeley Kurth, 50, was born on July 31, 1958 in Billings, Montana. He is married to Debra Yuhasz and has three children, Meghan, Rosabel and Brogan.

Most Episodes Aired Between Appearances as the Same Character:

Rank. Actor (Character; Last Appearance-Return Appearance) Episodes Aired

1. Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera; 10/24/85-7/19/07) 5531

2. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera; 7/10/86-6/21/07) 5332

3. Marie Cheatham (Marie Horton; 10/25/73-6/28/94) 5322

4. Wally Kurth (Justin Kiriakis; 2/5/91-8/10/09) 4700

5. Andrew Masset (Larry Welch; 12/9/85-10/15/02) 4297

6. Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis; 2/5/91-5/1/07) 4119

7. Crystal Chappell (Carly Manning; 10/18/93-10/09) 4050+

8. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson; 10/26/90-6/9/06) 3960

9. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Johnson; 5/26/92-6/12/06) 3557

10. Billy Warlock (Frankie Brady; 7/12/91-6/27/05) 3537