Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think the easiest thing to do without jumping through all the hoops of getting rid of Katherine's dreams, Chloe's DNA test, and the rest of the absurdities is to say that Jill gave birth to Cane, the babies were switched, and, btw, Phillip happens to be alive in Australia where he moved after faking his death and found out about the baby switch.

It gives Jill three men to call her son, gets everyone in place quickly, and then can tell a story that should be told with these characters.

Unfortunately, MAB is too busy constantly trying to undo old stories that she thinks getting characters into place for a story IS a story. She really needs to start looking forward instead of back.

• Members

You may be right. The problem is that there is ANIMUS toward Cane. Many people CANNOT TOLERATE that he might have a DNA link to Jill/Kay. Thus, many viewers will tolerate a significant undoing of this DNA link. Other than that, your scenario can still work out. Cane can still be one of Jill's "sons", even if he has no DNA tie.

Yup. She's saying the work has been well done :).

Eileen is also FIT FIT FIT. That's part of her story.

• Members

:lol: Yeah, I'm not one who thinks people should have elective surgery just to look younger, but if you are going to do it, I say go with Susan Lucci's surgeon and not Hunter Tylo's, that is for darn sure.

As far as being fit goes, I'm sure ED is, but she's also looked unnaturally skinny for most of her career. I don't find it attractive at all, although ED is a beautiful women.

• Members

I think part of the reason viewers wanted Jill not to be Kay's daughter is because this was supposed to give them more story, or move the characters in more interesting directions. Since it hasn't, at least not yet, I wonder how many viewers are satisfied with the rewrite of the rewrite.

• Members

I think they still could have had individual lives even as mother and daughter.

I agree that this wasn't done to create more story, but at the time people said that the two of them being related had hampered story for them, and now more could happen. At the time many were thrilled because this was supposed to be righting what was seen as a great wrong, but now I wonder if it's seen as being such a great idea.

Happy birthday to Eileen!

• Members

Anyone else see this weeks promos regarding the Chancellor family after Y&R? Maybe it was during B&B, I saw a quick glance, because I don't watch B&B and I still had the TV on. Anyway,

Anyone know when this is supposed to air? Not even sure if it's a spoiler since it was broadcast right on CBS Daytime lol

Archived