Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

I can't believe you just typed that. LoL. LML also attempted to give Brad a past and that turned out to be sh-t. I seriously doubt that business stories attributed to Y&R's high ratings. Business was always the backdrop to more about the character's life.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not saying LML told great stories, they were crap. But at least she tried to tell different types of stories, she failed more than she succeeded, but at least she made an attempt.

I didn't say they were the deciding factor in Y&R's high ratings, but the show thrived creatively when business was a huge part of its identity in the 80's and 90's.

• Members

If Olivia is going to be onscreen more often, can someone please do something about her hair. Im sorry but it looks a mess. I dont know what she thought that head band was doing for her, but wasnt masking how tired her weave looks. Kinda looks like a bad wig. She looks like she hasnt seen the inside of a hair saloon in weeks

Chloe needs to dump that loser husband of hers. He doesnt deserve her

• Members

I wouldn't say it was the business per se but rather the character dynamics.

I can't criticize MAB in one breath while praise LML in another, while MAB continues to clean up her landfill. Yeah, she made an attempt, but where are the lasting ramifications?

• Members

Yes, but many different types of storylines can entertain. I found myself getting bored with the constant bed hopping and the constant psycho antics. That's why I'm calling for the show to diversify its storytelling. You can't shove one particular tone at the audience and not expect some people to get turned off.

I don't want the show to be all dark or uplifting. I think it works best when it incorporates many different facets.

• Members

Online viewers sure.

Nooooooo!!! I can't stomach that pompous jackass. Or the sad sap Jack becomes when he's defeated once again. LoL. I do miss the Victor/Jack showdowns, but I think they work better in moderation, because it makes you long for more.

• Members

That's another thing, she's "cleaning up LML's mess" a little too much. I'm all for it, but she should try spacing these clean-ups over time, rather than hitting us with it at a constant pace. None of the current storylines are building any groundwork for the future, they're all exploring mistakes of past regimes or clearing up something from the past.

Archived