Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

First the previews for Tues/US show:

Cane looked positively freaked out about Nina's digging. It will be nice to see him nervous.

Onto today:

I cannot adequately express how much I am falling in love with Haiduk. She plays a longing, and a childish naivete, but is capable of being cold/diabolical and crisply efficient. She will take this storyline which is in many ways flawed (and yet beautifully premised on the 25 year old unresolved mental health issues of Patty), and elevate to something great and memorable. KEEPER!

Delusional Ashley is a beautiful thing! Sparkly, happy, confident. I loved her. Adam has GOT to get her a LITTLE GIRL. Hmmm. Cassie's prophesy was that Nick and Sharon would have another LITTLE GIRL. Can't WAIT!

Victor confuses me. The writing for him was a bit off. He clearly "fired" Patty Jane. He should have been ENRAGED that she was still in town. But he was quite gentle with her, all things considered. Thus, I am not at all clear what his agenda for her is. But given that she is damaged -- and he knows that -- I find his behavior toward her quite reprehensible. Given what he is doing to Patty Jane...and given that it in some ways mirrors what Adam is doing to Ashley (i.e., using a mentally fragile woman)...it seems he will QUITE deserve whatever Adam dishes out.

Phyllis seemed light, happy, confident, secure. How is this possible?

I sincerely hope Chloe means it---that she is DONE with Billy. Not only would I like to see her in a different orbit, but I'd like to see this young girl be a pleasing counterpoint to the irritating Sharon.

Mackenzie disappointed me today. I realize she is "torn"...but I'm not feeling any love or passion for Raul? I realize he's a short-stay guy, but the story would have a lot more impact if she conveyed that she felt something for someone.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah, that i agree with.

I also met that i think they make OLIVIA look like she trys to hard. But for some reason i think they think she looks great, lol, and TLW does, but what Y&R does to her is tragic. Ive said for months now tho that Y&R needs some new wardrope and hair people. its all bad.

• Members

Oh, yes, that's true, as we see in this wireimage photo.

She really is a gorgeous woman. Her eyes were twinkling in the scene she shared with ED today.

Her hair is just so distracting. I always wondered why Y&R forced the headband and wig on Dru and Olivia throughout much of their tenure. It was really lame, especially since they were playing very successful Black women. The hair dept on Y&R should be ashamed.

• Members

I have heard both of them (Rowell, TLW) say that they wanted the freedom to have their way the way they wanted. TLW, in particular, wanted to be able to have it short. Thus, they both agreed to the wigs, so they could have off-camera hair freedom.

Now, this was in the 1990s...so I don't know what the motivation is now.

• Members

Nina is diggin in that boy's behind as my ex roomie would say...gosh I miss having a roomate who loved Y&R.

Phyllis is just doing great isn't she. she's at work...reminiscing with Jack...trying to hook him up with MJ...lol. she's just fine yall!

I think victor KNOWS she's crazy but he has to get Paul off her ass or she'll get found out and HE'LL get found out, plus he didn't mention JT finding her on the ranch. Once Paul's out of the way, he'll push her out.

• Members

Theyr'e damned if they do, damned if they don't. If thye diversified their storytelling like you suggest, some OTHER wise guy on a message board would blast them for being "All over the map" and not having a "cohesive vision" or having a "lack of direction".

• Members

Victor was confusing and quite a jerk too. I just want to see where this goes. People, except for the psycho MJ and the vengeful Adam, are flip-flopping left and right. Yes, Y&RWorldTurner, we know why that is. :lol:

Phyllis should not have had to go to the office. She could work from home, she did NOT have to go to the office. And her behavior was very composed. But I think that MAB tends to show people get out of situations without gravitas before (Chloe learning Sharon slept with Billy the day of their wedding and she still fought for him. WTF?!?!?) only to see them eventually act how they should (Chloe throwing that ring in his face and leaving his sorry behind today).

The same thing happened with Sharon's kleptomania. It's not playing all the beats but it should grow into something horrible very soon. At least I hope it will. And I could be wrong, of course.

• Members

They key is having every storyline make sense, and yeah, they have to be well-written. I personally don't think the show makes a whole lot of sense at the moment, and there appears to one dominant tone on the show.

Offering the audience variety and well constructed stories couldn't hurt. But again, it's all subjective.

• Members

I actually agree with a lot of what you say.

But I don't think being satisfied with what MAB and co. have offered is the worst thing in the world. It'd be nice if it were better but it's not right now. And I'll take a flawed Y&R over a disastrous one any day.

Archived