Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they are just taking dramatic license here. Otherwise this whole thing is unrealistic. Ashley would still be spotting if this were real life.

:lol: I know, but for whatever reason, I don't feel threatened by another woman. I guess I find it completely incomprehensible that a woman would try to molest me when I'm pregnant. I guess I'm sexist like that because I have more faith in my gender. Maybe what I really need is a gay doctor. :lol:

• Members

You could interview your prospective physicians, asking 'are you gay?'. That would be hilarious!

Back to show...Now that I have this mental image of Adam burning a baby, I'm not sure I'll ever look at him the same way again.

• Members

I have only ever had female doctors for that reason. It's best to just block it out. This is why I think this story is being written by Hogan Sheffer. I just can't see a woman not thinking of these things.

• Members

I think it might be worth gay OBGYN's money to start advertising during Y&R. :lol: I'm not kidding when I say this really flips me out.

I think Y&R needs to stop hitting on it's audiences worst nightmares. I'm with those who miss the corporate stories. I liked some of what LML did with the office sets and intrigue. Plus it annoys me that Neil has finally got his chance and we are hearing nothing about it.

• Members

MarkH, as a former & perhaps future AMC watcher, I might be a bit overly partial to ER. I do love my Bianca and I guess I thought that Mac should have some of those glowy good girl qualities that ER brings to Binks.

Rachel Kimsey was not a perfect Mac but she was light years better than CF. At least RK had some nice chemistry with the actors playing Daniel, Kevin and JT.

I don't have a fixed idea on what Mac should be. She could be blonde, she could be dark, she could be tall or short or thin or plump. Total open mind on the physical look of Mac. I just need someone who exudes goodness. Someone who I can believe would be the moral center of her circle. Is that too much to ask for?

One thing in the back of my head when Branco & unnamed cast sources mentioned CE's Catholic upbringing was that the actor may (like so many of us Catholics) be politically pro-choice but personally pro-life. He's not yet 30 and his son is 10 and he has sole custody of the kid? A lot can be gleaned from that. I think any actor would be upset by this story, but for some people, what Adam did is pretty much murder -- and on top of that the horrible way it was disposed -- and I can see an actor thinking that even if Adam could be redeemed, that he should not be. I can even see why CE was depressed. Actors can get very close to and protective of their characters -- seeing Adam become a murderer after spending all this time caring about the character would be tough to handle. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the writers have planned for Adam's future.

• Members

Wait a sec - i thought this whole deal was a hysterical pregnancy. Miscarriage implies the fetus has been discharged, right? Ashley's emotionally in toruble but not physically. Didn't Annie Dutton on GL put the baby back in after she miscarried? This doesn't seem like new territory. A hysterical pregnancy is when the mother thinks she's pregnant and the body follows the mind and acts as if it is pregnant all the way down to getting a bump or even a hysterical birth.

Just cause it's on a soap doesn't mean it's not plausible. Crazy stuff like this happens on House and Grey's all the time.

• Members

Oh, I miss my LML Newman set. With that huge foyer outside the elevators, and the camera on a track that moved with the actors. When the breakroom and boardroom were used daily, and people walked from one room into Victor's office and... I loved that set. I'm so disappointed it was squandered. We hardly even get elevator scenes anymore, and I loved those too. All that reminded me so much of my Sumner Group KL.

The pregnancy is NOW hysterical. It was flesh and blood till Adam put on that damnable purple dress.

• Members

I don't know, but that is incredibly nasty and disturbing if so. Think about it. That's non living, decaying organic material inside of a person. I know soaps take a lot of liberties, but that is infection and death waiting to happen.

• Members

But she was pregnant. Her hysterical pregnancy didn't occur until she actually miscarried. The fetus would not just disappear. That is what some are finding so objectional. The hysterical pregnancy is just another side dish we are being asked to swallow so that Adam's plan works.

Archived