Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

It actually does work, for Ashley. Remember how she carried that blanket around, refusing to believe Robert was dead? So that part works.

Much more implausible is Adam's sudden "letter from Skye", documenting that Dr. Taylor was a molester. Similarly implausible is that Dr. Taylor would jet in overnight from Boston and relocate his life to Genoa City?????????? A renowned OB/GYN? Up and move to the GCAC?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Casthon, I keep meaning to ask -- is that you in your pic? Cause if so, you're a handsome fella!

Ashley is now having a hysterical pregnancy -- that's not a question, we agree on that. The question was whether or not she was carrying a dead fetus.

Miscarriage means the fetus died. The discharge of said fetus does not have to follow. Sometimes the body naturally discharges the fetus, sometime the woman needs medical assistance. The show has been a bit vague about whether or not the fetus has been discharged but ED's comments now make it clear that the fetus was discharged and that Adam got rid of the dead fetus by burning it.

Annie didn't put the baby "back in" -- LOL! She just never got medical help to discharge the fetus.

• Members

I can't believe that set is gone. That's a huge mistake on MAB's part. Corporate stories may not be the focus of Y&R, but they have always been the backdrop to a lot of the drama that goes on. I like to think that MAB will rotate them back in after some of these other stories unfold, but if not I'll be disappointed. There is just too much potential there to mix things up with the cast.

• Members

My thoughts exactly.

I was intrigued by this gaslighting storyline until it came to the point where Ash lost her baby and how it happened. All the questions everyone else has have been running through my head every time Ashley is featured on the show now. I've kept wondering what happened to the fetus and keep remembering how Adam commented on the amount of blood and etc.

This will be the 3rd baby she's lost in one way or another and as couple of other people have said I wish Ashley could have stayed pregnant during this gaslighting thing, because it really is in poor taste and almost offensive to keep having this character loose her marbles over loosing children.

• Members

So at least GL had some respect for our intelligence. It's going to be sad if this happens to Ashely. She's already been through so much when it comes to babies. I've rooted for Adam a lot through all of this, but he's crossed that line where this isn't fun anymore. Oh well.

• Members

I didn't know that a hysterical pregnancy - gosh this is hysterical - had to be completely made up in the mother's mind in order for it to be plausible. It seems that a hysterical pregnancy would be more plausible if the woman was legitimately pregnant first then lost the baby and she blocked it out. The fact that she doesn't realize her body isn't right after losing the baby (and I have to assume that the fetus is out of the womb, when i think of miscarriage the fetus has been discharged) makes sense. Also Dr. Taylor examined Ashley but we didn't see the examination totally or what he did to cover up things - and frankly I don't want to know! There's lots of ickyness that's best unsaid in the details of the story. Add in the fact that Ashley is having a HYSTERICAL PREGNANCY and all sorts of questions of "wouldn't Ashley know" are off the table to me.

• Members

Exactly.

Again, MAB needs to let her overly masculine Co-HW's Sheffer and Hamner go, or else storylines are always going to be like this. MAB should probably step down too. I'm tired of her explanations for these crappy storylines, especially the art one.

This show went from being good to bad so very fast...

• Members

and yet it was a great s/l. i wonder if the fact that Ashley is having this done to her by a man that makes this so provocative. My heart just ACHES for Ashley to have to go through this all again. But it seems as though this s/l is going to be gong on for a long time with the baby switch possibility. Victor and Ash raising Sharon and Nick's baby. Sharon crying all day long, while Ashley is the happy mother. The inevitable shockwaves when all comes out...i'm on the edge of my seat thinking about it. All speculation of course - no spoilers here.

• Members

As a woman, I don't want to blame the writing on Hogan's and Scott's gender. I think we should expect the same standards from all writers. Douglas Marland would never have written something as gross/heartless as the fetus burning. It does seem though that MAB and her writers have forgotten that most of their fans are women.

So in that vein, if women are the largest audience, why do we see Jack & Victor banging younger babes but no cougar story for Jill beyond the one night stand with the bartender? Why not some stories from the female perspective?

Archived