Y&R: Week of June 15-19, 2009

• Members

Billy totally needs to be a meth or coke addict.

When I felt like gagging watching EB and Raya Meddine suck face, it'd be absolutely necessary to change the channel if Jack and Chloe were to share intimate scenes. God, please no.

The art storyline doesn't work just like the Winters don't work: TPTB don't care about these characters. I'd like to see where it goes, though. Marge dropped into Katherine's life just as suddenly and that storyline was magical. Obviously this has so many more holes in it, but maybe its middle won't be as disastrous as its beginning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stolen Art is so Dramatic! Teens love Stolen Art! That's why they never pay for their music! If I were a Teen, I would sure pick Stolen Art over all the over Teen Stories on the soaps! If the Art is Stolen it must be good!

Billy is so boring right now with his love for Mac. Who cares? Go away Mac! Who the hell is running Jabot these days? Billy's in a bar, Colleen is visiting her Grandma in Australia, Jack is hopping from bed to bed to bed while crying about wanting a baby even though he has two perfectly good sons out there somewhere, and Ashley's being terrorized by a man dressed up like his deceased step-mother. Is Delia running Jabot? Esther? John Abbott's ghost? Why does this show suck so much at corporate intrigue? That used to be the bread and butter of Y&R.

• Members

It's a disgrace really, so much potential there, but they'd rather write over-done cliche plots for sensationalistic value that makes no sense.

Someone needs to bring the workplace and business intrigue, as well as other types of storylines, back to the forefront of this show. It sure as hell isn't this current writing regime. They seem intent on making Y&R one big dark, misogynistic, and bad camp homogeneous mess.

• Members

No I think it's Fisher, no one would suspect him.

One thing that is wrong that is wrong with these plot driven stories is that everyone has to be dumbed down in order for them to make sense. (Chloe's baby storyline)

Can anyone take DNA results seriously on this show anymore?

• Members

I agree about the DNA point. That's why I thought it would have been great to have a SL where news would break of someone who works at the local dna lab being arrested for tampering with results of dna tests... someone who worked as a data entry technician or something, it would turn out to be someone who's lonely, and has nothing in their life.... so they get some perverse pleasure out of playing God, etc... and it would turn out that person is Joann Curtis. This would explain Kay and Jill not being mother and daughter, Lily would in fact be Neil's, Summer would be Jack's, blah blah blah. That's how I would have written it. Today's episode looked really good, I love when Dean Lamont directs.

• Members

In Re. DNA results:

Viewers wanted Jill/Kay NOT to be related and Cane NOT to be a Chancellor. I really didn't care about the first one, but MAB is just doing what the viewers wanted (once again), which means all the changed DNA. So if you guys also want Summer to be Jack's then...

• Members

I'm continuously delighted by Stacy Haiduk's performances. I didn't see her on AMC, but I recall people saying great things. Surely she wasn't nearly as good as she is here. I just loved seeing her hide her stuffed cat when Victor was coming over. Haiduk makes those little moments work and is keeping her from becoming dark and unsympathetic. Her scenes with Victor today were a nice and I especially loved how child-like she was in scenes with him. I'd honestly like them to be completely radical and not have her do anything insane. Just let her have her little mental breakdown, then reunite with her family and stay in Genoa City. The actress is great and the character has long term potential.

Everything else was pretty forgettable. I enjoyed Olivia and Ashley, but that's it. It made me sad seeing Raul since his return has been such a waste. That's a character that would be good for the long term, especially if say next year or two they wanted to reveal him as Nina's missing child (which was rumored during his first run). There are numerous females they could pair him with if Mac has to go back to Billy.

• Members

I agree, the art storyline is lame and the weakest point.

Did we get more Noah today (US?) I FLOVE those scenes on Friday because it pretty much summed up my feelings on the whole storyline too.

I still contend that Mac needs to get as far away from Billy as possible. CF has amazing chemistry with David L, so why not keep him around. This Billy/Mac crap is so played out and annoying.

Any Nina week is a good one.

• Members

I get what you're saying, but unfortunately it's making DNA testing pointless and doesn't really give anyone answers. When Sharon's DNA results for the baby comes in how do we now that won't be changed.

Will Cane still be Jill's son or not? If not, how will they explain the DNA results that said Cane was in the same group as the father (the test to see if Cane was Delia's father).

• Members

LOL! I was just reading Sara Bibel's latest blog and this almost made me pee my pants: Many of Y&R’s current plots are resolving the numerous dropped stories from the prior regime. The Cane/Phillip tale comes from the show implying Cane was working a con with his Uncle Langley then forgetting about it. I know a longtime Y&R viewer who is still upset that the show never addressed a vase Nina stole from the Chancellor mansion back in the 1980s. Maybe it will finally get resolved now.

Maybe Nina stealing that vase was the inspiration for Sharon's kleptomania! :lol: I wish that long term fan would start posting here.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 15 2009, 10:55 AM)
LOL! I was just reading Sara Bibel's latest blog and this almost made me pee my pants: Many of Y&R’s current plots are resolving the numerous dropped stories from the prior regime. The Cane/Phillip tale comes from the show implying Cane was working a con with his Uncle Langley then forgetting about it. I know a longtime Y&R viewer who is still upset that the show never addressed a vase Nina stole from the Chancellor mansion back in the 1980s. Maybe it will finally get resolved now.

Maybe Nina stealing that vase was the inspiration for Sharon's kleptomania! :lol: I wish that long term fan would start posting here.

Chekhov’s gun. No need to steal vases if you're not going to address it.

Archived