June 1-5, 2009

Toups

• Members

I agree. I wish B&B was more about fashion and when I say more about fashion, I mean hardcore fashion. It doesn't have to revolve around the Logan and Forrester families. Of course they are important to Forrester Creations, but they can really cut the fat with Rick, Steffy, Bridget, Ridge, Nick. Drop the Logan sisters except for Brooke. Stephanie and her sister could go and Eric too. I could see a really good show with characters like Brooke, Thorne, Felicia, Owen, Jackie and Clark intertwined with other new and interesting characters who live and breathe fashion. When I think of B&B, I don't think of a traditional soap, but a soap that could be in primetime as it could embrace the concepts the short lived ABC primetime series Paper Dolls tried to capture. Even Don Diamont as a different character, very JR Ewing like would be great in the fashion world on B&B. oh well... Maybe one day Bradley Bell will wake up...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everything on B&B is weighed down by a very toxic inner core. The show is like radiation poisoning -- everyone too close is affected eventually. I really wish they could dump Bradley Bell because I don't believe he's ever gotten the show. Then just have a slew of characters written out. I would get rid of Nick and Taylor immediately, refocus Bridget, give Felicia some central storylines, send away Rick for a later recast. I'd like to see someone like Constance McCashin come in for a strong matriarch role. Maybe Sydney Penny could come back (not Lorenzo Lamas).

And stop trying to make Donna a central heroine.

I'm glad OLTL went back up, at least for the week. I'm especially glad because this happened after the focus on the rape and more rape and even more rape was over. It was the drama surrounding Viki, Jessica and the baby. I would laugh if OLTL becomes ABC's #1 soap when so much effort is put into AMC and GH.

I wonder if some AMC viewers just tuned out after Stuart was killed. That and his death somehow becoming all about Zendall and Liza.

• Members

A bleak ratings day to add to the casting spoiler that has pretty much sealed GL's fate. I feel like the day of the CBS cancellation all over again. I am sad -- but still very very angry at CBS. May that network rot!! I am glad B&B is suffering in the ratings too, that network deserves for its daytime lineup to implode!

• Members

Damn. The ratings are crap. None of the shows not even Y&R is able hold on to its gain. A positive for Y&R is that its 18-49 woman demo appears to be fairly stable. B&B's sharp declines are related to Y&R's drop so I would not bury B&B yet. Hand the shovel to ATWT which is the walking dead.

IMO, it is the ABC soaps are the ones in real trouble. The 3 soaps have almost the exactly the same number of overall viewers for the last few weeks, yet GH costs a heap more to produce. Even worse the 18-49 woman demo for each soap is down .2 to .3 from last year. GH even lost its lead in the girls 12 - 17 demo this week. ABC has got to find a way to turn things around. I do not care how well these soaps are doing online or on SoapNet. If things do not improve, they will be off the air in 2 to 3 years.

• Members

ATWT_GL_fan, love your avatar!

Ann_SS, tell me one thing... Soaps as they are now... Honestly... Do they deserve the ratings they're getting?

And, yeah, forget potential for re-invention and fixability.

• Members

WoW GH is in the onsies....

I hope they don't screw up M. Byrne's character

but just glad to see her so I'll take what I can get

It just amazes these professional writers get paid all this money

and I'm reading awesome stories by writers eg Web Series, fan fiction

I just started the s.t.e.a.m. one from the first eppy

I'm ready for some romance and stuff GH is dull as dirt...

same stories they even got Mikey in a Black T in case I don't

get the Jason connection :huh:

• Members

It really does seem so. And it seems nobody -- NOBODY -- cares.

Except...the international licensing fees may permit B&B to settle for chump-change in licensing fees from CBS. That might keep in on longer than it should be, since with a low license fee, CBS can tolerate fewer advertisers.

However, if CBS is trying to cultivate a new audience for the talk shows/game shows that will go in the ATWT/GL slots, then need a STRONG lead-in. B&B ain't that. Which opens up two possibilities: (1) cancel B&B (so that Y&R is the direct lead-in) or (2) use all the pressure possible to rebuild B&B. Force Brad Bell to wake up. (Heck, MAB/HS can consult for him...some would love that!).

If the CBS lineup is all but gone, might that not mean end-of-days for Barbara Bloom?

I really hope that someone can get in there and fix up B&B before the inevitable. I'm not focusing on this week's ratings, but the awful sliding trend of the past year.

• Members

I don't believe that quality and content is directly related to the ratings. IMO, most of the ratings decline is due to fewer people at home during the daytime. So only tiny numbers of audience are influenced by the quality and content of the soaps. Judging by quality and content only, I think that the soaps deserve the lower ratings. As a genre, the soap industry has run out of steam. It happens.

Archived