June 1-5, 2009

Toups

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it.

CBS would still have a daytime lineup, just not of soaps. Aside from, Y&R. Unless it went too.

you would think they would not be able to do much better, wide spread rating counts with this switch too.

a revamp of the system is in dire need.

• Members

Congratulations Goutman and Pissyhead for hitting all time lows for ATWT. You both truly deserve it. A whole week of Paul s h i t drivel with the baby with no pay off at all. Keep pooping on your audience and they will continue to leave in droves. [!@#$%^&*] storytelling equals to new low ratings.

Thank you Goutman and Pissyhead for putting ATWT in its grave!

• Members

I cannot stand Paul, Meg and Dusty. I don't understand why they are so front and center. Maybe if Paul was still portrayed by Scott Hollroyd and was actually interesting, I'd like him. Dusty ran his course when Brian Bloom left. Marie Wilson as Meg is just terrible.

• Members

Agreed! I hate Paul. I hate the actor playing him Roger Howarth. He sucks in the role and always has. Dusty I cant stand either. Grayson McCouch should have never returned. Dusty should have stayed dead unless Bloom returned to the role. Marie Wilson and Meg are getting on my last f u c k i n g nerve. Yes, kidnap a baby and not get punished. WTF?? Jean Pissy and Goutman?? Paul has zero rooting value and I dont care about Meg anymore!!

And oh dear GAWD the Nuke fanbase is saying the reason the ratings are low is because there aren't enough Nuke romance...barf...Really?? GMAFB?? I'd write Nuke out in a second if I was writing this show. They are not going to bring up ratings. There 15 minutes of fame is LONG GONE.

• Members

I couldn't agree more! On another note, anyone know when the new ATWT opening is scheduled to premier?

It's funny, under Goutman, that show has had 5 opening sequences in 10 years including the upcoming one. Seriously? The show was more stable before him and his various changes. It should have been a sign for him to call it quits long ago and stop trying to change the look and feel of ATWT.

• Members

I am assuming the new opening will debut in August or early September.

The reason the openings keep changing is because of all the characters leaving in droves.

ATWT really needs to fire Howarth, McCouch and Wilson. Cady needs her walking papers too. They need to bring back other old favorite ATWT characters. Howarth and Co. have overstayed their welcome. Howarth must be making a lot. Why he is still on the show is beyond me. Paul sucks balls. The character is a loser.

• Members

I quoted everything because you are so right about ATWT. They should have recast the role of Noah from almost the beginning, now all that is left to do if send both Noah and Luke away to college. I don't what they were thinking recasting Paul in the first place. Scott Holroyd was an excellent Paul. Howarth has been horrific as Paul. He did not even bring any OLTL viewers to bump up the ratings. Dusty is a disaster. No words for Meg. It is shocking that they would waste beautiful Damian on Meg. Why bring him back after they fired Martha? Why fire Martha and not Howarth? It goes to show how Goutman and JP have no vision or understanding of the audience. I cannot even begin to figure out how to fix ATWT. There is so much wrong. It is a hodge podge of characters running around like chickens without heads. Only Maura West, Jon Lindstrom, Michael Park and the other vets have any pulse and they are not enough to save ATWT.

• Members

From your keyboard to Ann Sweeney's eyes. Hopefully she will step in and hand Frons his walking papers and his successor will can all 3 EP's and head writer's of the ABC soaps with one's who care about the genre and take them out of the dark ages.

• Members

I've got to say that GH has improved big time over the last couple of weeks. Michael and Kristina are giving that show a much needed reboot. I don't think soaps at this point especially ABC will improve even if their good. I just don't think the fans that they lost are ever coming back but its good to see all ABC soaps improve in their quality even OLTL has been good since last year and its good to see it as the top soap. GH's demo was really good this week.

As for CBS they seem to be in free fall but Y&R continues to hold steady. As for ATWT and GL hopefully they just move to another network and leave CBS behind, there's no real future for them on The Tiffany Network anymore.

DAYS is up year to year and doing great in the demos so this soap is in good shape holding onto third place.

Overall soaps will continue to drop until the networks either do something to refresh the lineup and move them elsewhere during the day or simply cut them off and let another network pick them up.

Archived