Lynn Herring joins ATWT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess her character is who will keep Craig occupied while Maura West is on maternity leave.

Anyway, good for her! Although at this rate, ATWT is fastly becoming the show filled with GH/PC castoffs, I mean really all that's missing is Kin Shriner and Mary Beth Evans at this point.

• Members

Nothing on ATWT is long-term, remember. It is DOA in September 2010. So this is a cool short-term gig, even if it is for a "3-year contract".

Jill....wow...that will be hard to cast if JW ever leaves. She started out working class (manicurist)...no college education...fueled by bitterness and anger...now with a certain sophistication that comes from marrying well and living with money for two decades...naturally smart.

I couldn't imagine some of the other names mentioned (e.g., Wyndham, Stuart) working AT ALL. They carry too regal a bearing to bely their working class roots. Also, I'd feel Herring is too young.

But I guess once Herring's name bubbled up for Jill, CBS decided to find a place for her. Barbara Bloom is slowly bringing ALL of Port Charles to ATWT :lol::lol:

• Members

Mary Beth Evans and Kin Shriner were already on ATWT. Mary was Sierra (she did a good job -- better than the show deserved they never gave her anything to do) and Kin was Keith, Sarah Brown/Julia's brother and briefly involved with Lily before they made him evil, selling organs for money.

I know this won't be a lengthy part but I'm glad Lynn is working again. She'd said before she would be happy to just stay on the ranch with her husband and kids. She's a wonderful actress, comic yes, but also underrated at drama, and she was a very special part of GH for a long time. I miss seeing her on soaps.

I hope she has some scenes with Craig. I know JL isn't a great Craig but I still want to see them at least interact, Kevin/Lucy were one of my favorite soap couples ever.

• Members

She would have been a helluvalot better than some of the other names being bandied about. Those Names = :rolleyes: The only one remotely in the gossip mill that I wanted was Anna Stuart.

And way to go Lynn for getting a job at ATWT! Even if it is short term. I have so desperately missed Lynn in daytime television.

Archived