Lynn Herring joins ATWT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. ATWT still has some kind of base that it can play off of, the main families are still fairly represented well for the most part, and there are characters spanning the generations. GH, on the other hand...eh, not so much. I love that LH called Sonny about by name when explaining how the show is different.

• Members

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

It was just such a dramatic turn of events, probably losing its punch if you didn't watch GH already. You just watch her putting on make up, no talking, and you are not bored.

• Members

I hope the ratings go up when she has her first scenes air if she does bring the ratings up the 2 months she's on that they will give her a contract, but it might not happen cause everyone hates this show. I dont but to me it looks like no one really cares if it stays on the air or not.

• Members

ATWT is pulling out all the stops to lure me as a viewer.

First they cast Forbes March as gay (which I did on Beyond the Horizon) and NOW they lure Lynn Herring to their New York soap (where Beyond the Horizon is set) and the actress is subletting on Central Park South (and Herring's BTH character lives on Central Park West, LOL!).

It's SO encouraging to hear that Lynn Herring has missed acting and was ready to return to daytime for a while now. We always hear that she's so content on the ranch, but the fact she's willing to do long term (which is how it sounds in this interview), even on a NY soap, gives us hope that we can see her back in daytime full time. Another long lost daytime talent comes home!

Looks like ATWT will make my DVR now.

• Members

OMG, thank you, thank you!

I came back to GH for the Laurelton mystery. I was widely panned (and yes, it did meander), but the whole premise ("something in the water", "small town secret", "sex and church", "stuffing old people in drainage culverts") just totally tickled me. I watched every second during that arc.

The one thing this clip sort of misses is the transition. We see her in the PROCESS of transforming, but the contrast is all the more dramatic if you see the quiet, mousy librarian she was before this moment.

• Members

I only saw that clip of Lucy as part of the "Daytime To Remember" series that Reba Macintyre hosted, but I can see WHY it would be so enthralling when the character wasn't presented as anything but a timid, asexual librarian, but now unleashed a cooing, flirty, risquely dressed (for the time, I'm guessing) that was unlike the Lucy Coe the viewers knew.

Love Lynn Herring!!!

• Members

"Jill....wow...that will be hard to cast if JW ever leaves. She started out working class (manicurist)...no college education...fueled by bitterness and anger...now with a certain sophistication that comes from marrying well and living with money for two decades...naturally smart," and still fueled by bitterness and anger. :P

• Members

IA really Robin is the only reason I'm watching and her character gets pretty bad writing at times.The sad thing is right now every kid that has been born with the exception of Cam,Jake and Emma are releated to Sonny.I mean the Quatermaines have been killed off.Although Michael and Jake are Q.They will never have the name.I have never seen a show where every vet is ruined they bring back.and history is destroyed.I mean in the 80's if you didn't like the spy characters you had the hospital characters.If you didn't like them you had the buisness stuff with the Quatermaines.I mean if GH by some change got differnt writers and an EP.I have no idea how they could repair the damage.I think ATWT has a better chance than GH does.

Archived