AMC: Jamie Luner interview

• Members

This video proves why this recast is absurd

http://weblogs.wpix.com/news/local/morning..._of_1.html#more

1. She says herself that her entrance with Zach got a lot of people tuning in. Wrong. We were turned off.

2. She mentions Pratt. Not cool. He clearly loves her.

3. She says she's more comfortable doing slutty sex scenes than daughter scenes because she doesn't have a child. That's bad. Liza as a great mom needs to come through in the character.

4. She says no one's slapped Erica Kane (which apparently the choreographer confirmed incorrectly). Very wrong. Brooke? Maria? This just shows no one on the show knows what's going on, including the actors, and they don't care enough to research the history.

5. She says the writing is great. No, it's not.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see why she'd praise Pratt, as he gave her a good job. Erica hasn't been slapped for quite a few years so I can see where she thought this had never happened.

I have no idea why she thinks people got a thrill out of her scenes with Zach. If anything I think this did bad damage to her Liza right from the start, especially the panty-lowering scene.

• Members

What?

Well, yes, a job, but the pimping is obnoxious. Also, she and the choreographer weren't corrected in the thought that Erica had never been slapped. It's possible they lied to Luner on purpose to build up her ego and to further how "great" she's doing in the role and how "epic" she is, especially since we all know she didn't do any research.

• Members
not me. They were hot! Watching her with Zach was such a welcomed change from watching him deal with Kendall's bitching and all that nonsence with Reese and Bianca

I really dont see whats wrong with that. They had a prior business relationship. So what if they like each other

Well thats not Lunar's fault. Teen Colby has been written now under 3 different head writers and under all 3, Liza has been an absent and neglectful mother. It would be more odd if she just showed up and they had a great relationship considering the years they've spent apart.

I dont blame her for not knowing Erica's history. The character has been around for close to 40 years. Being slapped isnt exactly something you'd necesarily see in a biography of her. Thats really a minor detail.

She just got the job. LOL...do you expect her to say its crap? For what its worth the writing for Liza is great. Lunar has been a breath of fresh air and one of the best things about AMC these days. It was quite a bore and I found myself only enjoying it when Liza is around

• Members

The girl already is lobbying for her old job on the new Melrose Place. LOL!

Side note, one thing that bothers me about Jamie, is her delivery of lines. I can't describe it, but it annoys me. It's almost like a whisper. It's like she went to the Thorsten Kaye school of acting. I just wish she would speak the way she spoke in this interview.

• Members

Liza as a mother was ruined long before Pratt or Luner got a hold of her.

When Colby returned to Adam and Liza was never mentioned - Liza as a mother was ruined.

She hasn't even been there for her daughter's life for 3 years now. But yet she is a great mother. Yeah right.

McTavish & B&E destroyed Liza the mother - Pratt is just following the lead.

• Members

I kinda like her as Liza, but I wish she would dye her hair and eyebrows blonde. Not just for the role (which I think she needs to be blonde), but I think she would look pretty fierce platinum!

• Members

"Liza the good mother" was started by McTavish (during her second run) - and I don't care to see it "destroyed." Considering what a rocky childhood Liza had, and what a bad relationship she once had w/ Marian, I'm enjoying to see her having her own daughter issues. I never enjoyed the watered down "everything I do I do it for Colby" Liza.

• Members

Yeah, that's my feeling. She's not familiar with the workings of daytime land so if Pratt or somebody is telling her "this is the first time ever," or the numbers are "fan-freaking-tastic" (her entrance "spot" episodes got pretty low viewership and typically would drop) there's no way she's going to really know different or even know where to try to find out different. I totally get the impression she's just going off what she's been told, and she takes pride in people enjoying her for her vixen, slutty stuff. Even if I don't like her Liza all that much, I can respect that - the whole owning it thing.

• Members

I love this woman.

Shes outspoken and speaks her mind.

Inf act, thats why i like Pratt too. LOL.

Great interview.

She sure as hell brings everything she can offer to AMC. Shes above and beyond more talented than whats been forced at us for the past 5 years. I hope to see her on more in the future.

• Members

I decided to give Lunar time before commenting on her performance as Liza because I found her physical difference to Marcy Walker jarring. I like Lunar's Liza. To the end of her time as Liza, Marcy Walker who I liked very much was sleepwalking. Lunar's Liza has energy and pop. The sexuality that Lunar brings to Liza is refreshing. Lunar's acting is solid. She held her own with David Canary which is to her credit. I do think that she should tone down the southern accent. It does not work.

Archived