AMC: Thursday, May 28, 2009...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to know Jack was spotted. He hasn't been on since.... maybe when him and Opal scattered the ashes like in March? Walt Willey I fear will soon be on recurring, or just not around at all.

• Members

Stuart :( !

At first I thought Tad's speech was absolutely ridiculous and out of place - and then the flashbacks started during the song and it looked like all the characters were enjoying themselves - then I was weeping. I will say that it was odd to see Marian look like absolute death during Tad's speech while everyone else was cracking up and laughing. Poor woman looked like she wanted to murder Tad and thinking "What the hell Tad"!

Why didn't Adam speak at the funeral???? That was wrong. At least he had his moment alone with Stuart.

I have to admit - the last few times we've seen Stuart - David Canary just hasn't been playing him the same way - its been more like Adam.

Kendall and Ryan can stay in jail forever as far as I'm concerned. Loved watching Annie next to Kendall though - I hope she tortures the hell outta Kendall!

• Members

Wow, I cried several times in this episode, starting when Marian forgave Adam because Stuart would have and again during JR's eulogy and Scott's newly created flashback.

I wish there had been more real flashbacks of Stuart's 25 years in Pine Valley! It would have been better than Tad's singalong, even though I think Stuart would have enjoyed that.

It did seem odd that Jack didn't acknowledge Erica today.

It also was odd that Joe wasn't there and no one mentioned his absence.

I liked the mutiple cliffhanger ending with Erica/Liza, Amanda possibly going into labor (how will Liza pull of her plot if Amanda gives birth at PVH?) and Annie offering to help Kendall adjust to jail. I can't wait for tomorrow!

• Members

The funeral was better than I expected. I thought Tad's speech was less cringeworthy than I thought it would be and actually liked the moment when he lead everybody into song. The flashbacks were nice although do wish there was more of them.

• Members

Did the show even bother to mention Hayley and Skye? Was it expalined why they werent at the funeral or did I miss it? Those 2 loved Stuart and the last time he "died" and no one told her, Skye came back and went ballistic on all of them

I couldnt access the board yesterday but I loved this linke

Kendall (to Liza) : "You are a bitch"

Jesse: "And you are under arrest"

• Members

Tad's shtick is annoying as hell, but it is kinda sweet to see the whole cast of characters singing along in remembrance of Stuart. I do have to wonder though....when did people like Amanda, Petey, and Scott take the time to learn the complete lyrics to "High Hopes" lol Most youngsters would have looked around wondering what the heck those old folks were singing.

Jennifer Bassey is just too great for words. You can't even tell that she only pops up every now and then because she BRINGS it whenever she does. A totally underrated gem, and the show is in dire need of an older female character on a regular basis.

Also...I officially love Scott. He's a thousand times better than JR and I hope to God he's not the one who killed Stuart.

• Members

For the first 20 minutes of the show, I thought this funeral is going to be so good - I was more or less wishing it would be the entire show but then it basically fizzled. Good moments but it wasn't what I was hoping for or thought it could be. Tad's thing - it was okay, but it went on too long and it was an odd choice to make such a small piece of it flashbacks. There's a problem with the Tad stuff, and I'm not sure it's on purpose - I think they think the funny, bubbly thing is more entertaining that it is. Mayfield has his moments, but this newbie didn't blow his single segment out of the water (DC did work it in the made-up Stuart flashback though) - and he got a whole segment. I thought they should have given that moment to DC's Adam or JB's Marian. I was surprised that neither got to do the speech thing.

Erica is cracking me up. She was thinking of bitch-slapping Jesse at least 3 times during their scenes, and was about to grab Ryan by the hair for a non-enjoyable spanking early on. The whole "Yes. Arrest me!" thing - hilarious. Her ordering Natalia to bring her Ryan right away and Natalia doing it on Wednesday was also so hilarious. Then Erica ready to fist fight with a woman twice her size, lol, that's going to be fun.

I thought Ryan was sweet yesterday, I liked that he listened to what Kendall told him and believed her. Men don't usually listen on the show, they dictate and control with their bigger brains and all.

Archived