Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, this is such an inviting post, I just have to say: I agree. The "team" actually never started working; it's like when you have lots of mercenaries being in your army, on your side, if you pay them, then at the first sign of trouble, they betray you.

What she fundamentally lacks is — courage. Courage to say: Hey, I am in charge, I don't want to please everybody (that can't be done, anyway), I want to tell my stories. Then if it doesn't work, I'll retire. Tie that with those ego-issues, and it's not looking good.

But she has good things about her.

I just wish the Bells started doing something in primetime (I bet you all gasped), Brad even has a primetime production house (which is out of business, apparently, I don't see him producing anything).

• Members

I have to join the bunch and say that those pretentious, I-want-to-teach-people-something kind of stories need to stop.

In no time we'll get another Sabrina and that whole fiasco.

Which brings me to say another thing: She keeps repeating her stories. Little variety.

• Members

Thanks, Mark. Dwight is the man. ;)

Hmmm.

But lookee here:

See... I would agree with that completely. What's more stressful when you have 3 possible baby daddies? Hmmm. Sharon should be carjacking muthafuckers right about now! B)B)

• Members

Well first thing is Ashley she has no uterus and Victor have many vasectomy I suspend belief for the sake of the show a lot but .... It is not like Ashley needs to have another Victor spawn so the show needed her to get pregnant for the plot and decided to completly rewrite history.

I definitly want them to flesh out Noah's full dynamic with both parents. Play different beats to his character, I get that Noah is yelling at Sharon all the time out of frustration but not because I necessarily see that fully played out on my screen. There should be love, there should be more search of understanding from both sides they are only playing the my rebellious son/ my crazy parents side of it.

Adam needs some HOPE (pun intended). I'm sure Hope introduced him to morals, so who or what represents that moral compass now that Hope is gone? Is he a sociopath now and he has no remorse what-so-ever?

I like dark Adam I do, but he has become completly and utterly selfish, self serving, cold and manipulative. Where are the Hope likenesses, is he even hurt anymore or is he just completly vengeful?

• Members

Absolutely none. Why? Because when you start those kind of discussions or ask that kind of question, people go all "It's never going to happen, why discuss it?" on you. And you kind of lose the drive to go on. Furthermore, they can't even hire a proper scriptwriter, let alone head writer. Talented individuals with each passing month have less and less stuff to do in this industry.

• Members

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then thanking him for being civil of all things. Are you kidding me? Of course we knew Rafe never stood a chance by going up against Victor but I mean jeez cut these scenes down if it will ALWAYS end the same. I barely commented on his scenes with Neil a few weeks ago, but that's the exact element I did not like KSJ did good but I felt like the necessary emotions were hindered for what-ever reason. Everybody shakes in their boots against Victor (with the exception fo Jack). Unfortunately can't blame that solely on the new creative forces

• Members

MAB's done some good things, I'm not going to deny it, and the show was fairly stable from November to March, but damn, her weaknesses are so obvious right now. The horrendous pacing, the art storylines, the horrible writing for the Winter's that's been going all for all of her tenure, the obvious backburning of many characters, the lack of real romance, the reliance on crime and mystery storylines, and there's more I'm forgetting.

Archived