Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

I already hate this f-cking Daniel storyline, it's already coming off as Reliquary 2.0 to me, I bet that hack-ass Scott Hamner was behind it, or this is indeed the storyline Steven Kent pitched to Graz during his contract talks a few weeks back.

What kind of f-cking justification is, "Well, you don't want art works to be stolen, right!?!"

Why the hell does Daniel care unless his UNKNOWN work isn't being stolen?

What kind of nonsense is this?!?!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man! That was one fast hour. Good episode today.

Actually, I'm so enjoying this story right now so it doesn't bother me too much. Yes - Ashley, Estella and Rafe have been great to Adam, but the man is obviously a machine. A sick, twisted, evil one. His goal is apparently to hurt those he believed wronged him regardless of the collateral damage. I love it.

My only beef is a little more insight into how he feels betrayed by Victor and his all-consuming need to hurt him. Is it based soley on how Victor treated him upon his return from the "dead", or is there a lingering abandonment issue? I would like that explained a little more.

• Members

The Bug is the soap character I hate the most. I'm talking all soaps through all eternity. Time has not changed my hate. I will hate Cricket until the end of days. I hate Christine Blair. Always have always will. HATE.

As to who I like: Kaye/Murphy/Nikki/Nik/Phyllis/Sharon/Mac/Kevin/Danial/Rafe/Gloria/Michael/Lauren/Paul/Jack/Ashley/Billy/Neil/Vikki/JT/Colleen

Adam/Heather/Amber/MJ/Estella/Chloe/Esther/Noah/Summer/Fen. You get my point. I like lots of characters to varying degrees. Cricket is not among them.

• Members

From the first scene you judge this? That said, if a Reliquary 2 did happen, it would kind of vindicate a little more of LML for me...like she was doing what she was told a bit?

Great! What I have to say -- even though I don't like an unredeemable Adam -- I was on pins and needles (in a good way). Would Rafe see what was in the box? Where was Adam going? Oh my God, a recorder! Would Heather enter an empty room? Would Heather see the recorder? (that question still lingers...).

I'm loving how victor lingeringly looked at Nikki's picture. It's still there!

ETA...loving that Nikki said "yes" to Paul for all the wrong reasons -- Victor's latest rejection!

• Members

After all the Adam admiration, I cannot wait to watch Y&R tonight on SoapNet. He is so relentless in his revenge. I love it. I feel a little badly for Rafe and Estella, but they will get over it. Ashley made her bed when she hooked up with Victor. She has been warned by Jack and others that he is no good. Now she is the victim of Adam's wrath. It is twisted, but if Adam's motivation is making sure that Victor does not win by replacing Sabrina and their baby, I understand it completely. It is the kind of hate that I have had for Victor over the years. He never pays, never loses, he steamrolls over everyone in his path. I love Jack, but he did Adam wrong. Both Victor and Jack have met their match with Adam. Adam can be an awesome character for years if Y&R keeps this up. He needs a pardon or to be officially released for his scheme is revealed.

• Members

Yes, because the first scene was absolute nonsense. I see no reason why Daniel would want to be apart of this, and that FBI detective's explanation was NOT convincing enough for Daniel to want to be apart of this convoluted crap.

This show needs to steer clear of all things art, it doesn't make for good soap AT ALL.

• Members

Sounds like Maria Bell ,and her love for all things art, is trying to sneak in some "culture" for us. I hope it works out but since the last two art related stories didn't pan out, I am not all that hopeful for this one.

• Members

ICAM with you on Adam's story the last few days. I felt the same way.

I was going to comment on the very same thing regarding the picture and Nikki accepting the proposal. When she said "goodbye" after Victor closed the door on her ..... Nice.

Ann.....you're gonna love Adam today. It was one WOW moment after another! :D;)

• Members

When will she learn? I'm a plebeian when it comes to my soaps. I do not want to see anything artistic. I do not find it entertaining. I cannot imagine any of my friends who watch Y&R feel any differently.

• Members

Good point. All he has to do is give the governor a smuggled foreign weapon!

Okay, but here is how it is playing in my head. Daniel is stupid. He'll go along. But then, it turns out HE IS MAKING CONVINCING FORGERIES. Except, it's REALLY for the bad guys.

Now, he's caught up in a web of lies that can lead to his death (at the hands of the underworld) or his prosecution (at the hands of the feds).

He suddenly becomes another "caper-er", and can no longer position himself as "holier than thou" vis-a-vis Amber and Kevin. At the same time, the only one who can really help him is Jana--because of her long-established ties to the art world.

My only fear is that this story will also have to involve art history major Colleen.

Let's face it, MAB is from the art world...she's always gonna keep gravitating back to that. Maybe she'll show us how it is done right.

Archived