Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

Agreed!

Nope I thought along the same lines of the implications of the "reapplied lipstic after both re-emerged" (the actor who played the governor didn't play that beat very well though). I am pretty sure that's what it meant.

Caught that as well....

Didn't care for it either

Get out of my mind Mark. I've been saying this, I can already see that she is growing into the role and her choices (because the character is so mysterious at this point) are underappreciated

Exactly!! He's no grand thespian, but this character has been written all over the place and is extremely inconsistent , that should not be held against the actor. I have found him more tolerable in scenes where he's not under Lily and is allowed to play different shades of Cane

Sums it up for me

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have decided that is not only the extensions, it is the Farah Fawcett 80s look. CF already looks like Billy's old sister. The hair makes her look even older and dated. What are Y&R stylist's thinking there? Take out most of the waves and take off 4 inches off the extensions. And do something about those bags under her eyes!!!

• Members

Even though I think she looks fine, what you describe could be plausibly done. As she slowly gets out of her "unpretty" Darfur mindset, she might become more contemporary and "pretty" in a midwestern-American sense.

• Members

Hold on.

Not only am I supposed to forget that this character has been portrayed by four actresses, I'm supposed to forget that her hair was short for a couple weeks?

There's only so much a soap fan can take LMAO.

To me, it doesn't matter what the hell her hair looks like. Extensions are even beyond prissy: they're high maintenance! And Mac has never been that. I can see her developing into a refined woman, wearing more makeup, sporting a more fashionable wardrobe. But not be high-maintenance. I've worn extensions, personally, and it's a lot of work.

If they were temporary for Katherine's wedding, I'd get that. But not this.

• Members

LOL. I try to justify these decisions :)

I'm pretty sure that CF's casting came down to the wire, and she probably had to start post-taping some stuff instantly. Thus, before her makeover was started, we got those early "just back from Darfur" scenes.

I honestly think we're supposed to ignore it.

But I have come to realize I may be more inclined to give TPTB "a pass" than others :)

• Members

I believe she changed her hair on her own accord. She originally sported the extentions at some event a few weeks back, and then she kept it for Mac on the show...

And MarkH, your screen caps don't bother me, I know that it won't happen and to separate delusion from reality. :)

• Members

MarkH, this isn't about looking Mac looking pretty. CF is attractive. It is about her looking much older than her 29 years. She looks too old for a triangle with Billy and Chloe when she is in their age range. Y&R knows this which is why they had the stylist's put in those extension so quickly. They simply have not gone far enough in making her look her real age.

Hilarious.

• Members

LOL.

I usually don't make a big deal about certain things but this detail just doesn't mesh into the incarnation of Mac that we're supposed to be seeing returning from those war-torn, dehumanizing refugee camps.

I'll get over it when Ford begins to act.

• Members

I like to say I never had a problem with Cane especially when he had his shady past. I just can't accept him as Philip 3rd.

But when he's around Lily that's when my claws come out. He's to old to be acting like he never been laid before. & like Lily pure coochie is made of gold. That he becomes this 16 year old boy.

Archived