Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

I was only explaining to another poster why I don't like her and Goddard

She has the charisma, she demands your attention and I even think she has chemistry with Peter Bergman. I'd never heard of her before her coming to Y&R, I stopped watching AMC YEARS ago, but what little we;ve seen of her, I'm a fan as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised that the show doesn't have on-set acting coaches to help TS work on her accent. I don't think she's as strong as Leon or Fonseca but I don't think she's bad in the role. If she can "Americanize" her voice, she'll be fine as Colleen.

Since Cane is Australian, the accent isn't an issue. However, why the hell would Jill's long-lost son be Australian? If anything, he should have grown up in the upper midwest. Kevin, being from Detroit, would have been a natural choice for Jill's son if the show wanted to give her another child. Cane did not need to be related to a core family to be kept on the show.

Haiduk is amazing and the show MUST KEEP HER! After this whole plot against Jack story, I think she needs to be romantically involved with Victor. Except for that weird Sharon kiss, Victor & Nick never crossed the line and competed over a woman. Victor & Adam are a different story and would totally have no qualms over competing over the same woman -- the only problem is that someone like Ashley is probably too old for Adam and Heather's too young for Victor. Mary Jane/Patty is the right age for a potential triangle and would be completely believable as someone both Victor Newmans would find attractive.

• Members

They would probably have to completely break Patty Jane down if she were with Victor. She'd probably just end up as another zombie decorating the ranch. I do think Haiduk and Braeden have good chemistry.

I think a Victor/Sabrina/Adam triangle could have been very good viewing. As it is right now I'd rather see Adam moved into another story.

• Members

I haven't seen all of that. I'll agree that she's interesting and thus far has been entertaining, but as far as dimension or nuances, I haven't seen them yet. She's pretty good, but I need to see more of her before I call her performances great, or even nuanced or layered.

Anyway, today's show was pretty meh.

Lily's whining was absolutely ridiculous.

• Members

Amen. <_<

I'll take "use TS" for a thousand, Alex! :)

Do you mean Stacy Haiduk? I hope not. :( I think some time last week I came to the conclusion that she is love.

I have to (respectfully, of course) disagree with the bolded part. I think TS (when they use her) is stronger than both of her predecessors - especially Leon. TS is the one I can picture in the role for years to come.

ETA - Actually, she's about equal to Fonseca.

Archived