AMC: Tuesday, May 5th, 2009

• Members

I don't find it unbelievable for a woman to keep one twin and give the other away if she can't afford to raise both. As for what Krystal did with the money, I'm loving the guesses so far!

I'm relieved that Frankie is injured instead of presumed dead. Debbi Morgan, Beth Ehlers & JR Martinez were fantastic. Unfortunately, Denise Vasi is dragging this story down.

While I'm sick of Ian's health pulling his parents together, I do like how the heart valve story is playing out. I can see JR's point in not wanting to put an untested product in a baby, as well as Scott's side that it is his best hope and Zach's not wanting to risk his son's life versus Kendall's willingness to try anything to spare Ian future operations. Imo, this is the kind of storylines soaps should do more often.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if they wanted Alexa to come back as BabeTwin in the first place.

If this SL is about making me feel sorry for KWAK having given up her other Baby Doll, it ain't working.

• Members

I totally agree. With Morgan, Ehlers and Martinez, you get a clear understanding of where their characters' minds are. Angie's distraught. Taylor doesn't have a good feeling. Brot's been there, yet he still hopes for the best.

Randi's... what?

Longtime viewers will get this -- but Denise Vasi reminds me of Carolyn Neff (ex-Raquel Dion #1). An extraordinarily gorgeous woman who simply can. not. act! Just like Neff, Vasi is being thrown some serious material. Neff's Raquel was in court fighting for custody of her son against Hayley and Mateo, and this woman was just stuttering and slipping up on lines and stammering all the way through. Vasi is basically making Randi look like, "Yeah, sure, Frankie's injured. Is it really that serious? Sheesh!"

I seriously :wub: Brot and JR Martinez. I just LOVE both of them. If Beth Ehlers is this allegedly wonderful actress as her GL fans claim her to be, then I have to say hats off to her. She's done what a dedicated actor is supposed to do with her scene partner. She worked through the green to discover the gold.

Marissa being sold at birth stinks of 'the writer' having Edward Quatermine revealed to have had sold Skye Chandler off at birth on GH. For what reason? If shows aren't going to delve into the babyselling black market, why even color a character with this?

• Members

YES! OMG! Nail on the head, R Sinclair, nail. on. the head. Like DV, bitch Carolyn Neff couldn't play the emotional subtext in a scene to save her funky, two-bit ass! When TPTB finally wised up and replaced her w/ "Inca Mummy Girl" from "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer," I was like Saaphyri after another one of the girls got kicked out of "Flavor of Love Girls' Charm School": "Kick da bitch out! Kick da bitch out! Kick dat bitch right out da house! Yeah, she GONE!!!"

That's just it. BE is wonderful, and GL never should've let her go. But, damn, they never should've bound-and-gagged her to so many ridiculous storylines and romantic partners, either!

AFAIC, Skye's retconned paternity and maternity never happened. She's Adam and Althea's biological daughter, and that's that.

• Members

Exactly! "Emotional subtext" describes what it is that's lacking. She is simply not connecting to the material. She can "look" sad and worried, but she doesn't "play" sad and worried. There's no connection. Debbi Morgan throwing those pots and pans around may seem melodramatic to some, but it's the truth. A mother filled with rage at the fact that she has no idea if her son is alive... I'm surprised Angie didn't start shootin' people up in that bitch.

I'm willing to lose some "cool points" but Saaphyri had me weeping when she won Charm School. Mainly because I knew it was the last time she'd be wearing that multi-colored weave. But still, it touched me as much as a reality show can touch me.

Well, seeing how she and RPG failed, she was on my sh!t list. She's earning some points with me now that she's defining herself as Taylor Thompson, rather than Gus and Harley. I still can't stand RPG and have always hated the Jake character, so... but that's another story,

• Members

Is NuLiza supposed to know Kendall or Babe? Or is she not?

Speaking of Babe, I think I would like Marissa if they keep her away from JR. Babe did untold damage to JR's character, along with JR becoming Tad's b*($R, and I would rather see JR moved away from that history and finally grow up. Reconnecting his friendship with Kendall might be a good start, I thought Jacob and Alicia were very believable as friends. I don't want to see them as any more than friends though.

• Members

Believe me, nothing could be more melodramatic than when B&B's Taylor lost custody of her son, Jack, in court. A bunch of "It's not fair!"'s, followed by Hunter Tylo collapsing into an over-collagenated heap in front of the judge's bench, with the oddest spotlight upon her. Pathetic.

As I always say, a sistah ain't really pissed off 'til she takes off her earrings. (And when she takes off her shoes, too? And her wig? Look the hell out!) IRL, though, Angie might bust a cap in somebody's ass, should some "tramp b***h" come along, claiming Frankie was her babydaddy. I'm just saying.

Once again, the adage proved correct: you cannot transplant one couple from one soap to another, and expect their chemistry to remain intact. Not even if, in this case, RPG played "Gus", BE played "Harley", and all "Gus" and "Harley" did was move from Springfield to Pine Valley. It never works!

Of course, I maintain BE and RPG's chemistry on the other show was marginal, at best; and that it took going to a different show, on a different network, with different co-stars, writers and crew, to prove me right. But, as you say, R Sinclair, that's a different story.

(BTW? FTR? I don't like Jake either. I liked "Joey", but I don't like "Jake".)

Meanwhile, how strange is it that I actually find Brot Monroe, a physically disfigured war veteran, more attractive than Ryan Lavery, a perfectly sculpted underwear model-in-training? Seriously, if Kendall weren't such a disgusting excuse for a celebrity's long-lost bastard child, I'd want those two to hook up!

• Members

RPG definetly looks like he has some type of hispanic background to me. I dont mind him as Jake now but I initially didnt think it would be a good choice when I first heard it bc I couldnt picture him as a Martin

Archived