Another World

• Members

I suppose anything is possible. But the show had changed greatly since her era. The existing audience identified more with Carmen Duncan at this point. Miss McKenzie was probably living in California with her health in decline. I mean I wonder what Sam Groom was given for his one day role as the minister.  Actors do have to work so often to keep their benefits. Judith Barcroft had to endure a one day episode a series a pharmacist  on AW for that very reason I read in an interview.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to agree. I think Carmen Duncan would have been the better choice. Duncan is Iris to me. Wasn't McKinsey on GH so she could keep her benefits? Angela Lansbury did the same thing for her classic film costars while she was making Murder, She Wrote.

• Members

I agree - Duncan was Iris to me and I would have loved to see her in the final episode. 

Lansbury did indeed hire her classic film costars for Murder, She Wrote, so that they'd always keep their benefits. But Van Johnson said that Lansbury paid them very well for a week's work as a guest star too - one of the most generous people in the business. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

While Anna Stuart is the Donna Love, that I loved.  It was funny watching Philece Sampler as snotty Donna.  Although if we really pick apart the dialogue as she complained of the smells of the farm, history shows that she spent a good bit of time in the Love Estate Stables and I am sure the fragrance was about the same.  But that is just nitpicking..... 

• Members

Agreed. BM and Douglass Watson looked like siblings next to each other. It was pretty laughable they were father and daughter. The dynamic was great but lol. Her best role was Alexandra Spaulding. I loved Duncan as Iris and was pissed they left her to rot in jail.

I find it hard to believe Goutman cared that much but he seemed better suited for AW than ATWT, but who knows how AW would have turned out had it survived and he lasted 10 years there instead ... lol

• Members

I find it hard to believe Chris Goutman would bring back Beverlee McKinsey. If ATWT is any indication, he wasn't interested in the past. I remember even with Julianne Moore, it was more HER wanting to return and she asked to have a larger part. He turned down Noelle Beck's offer to leave as Lily so fans could see Martha Byrne once again. He did bring back some more recent past cast members, but that wasn't really his thing there at least.

• Members

Yeah, it wasn't. I hated his ass as producer of ATWT. Lord. He had no use for Eileen Fulton either (and I'm guessing the feeling was more than mutual). I also think he was butthurt by Byrne that she fled. So he was petty (IMO). And yep, I believe Moore asked.

Goutman almost seemed to resent his time at ATWT, yet, he brought Sharlene back to AW in 1998 and I don't think he was the worst they ever had, he had a lot of mess to clean up. Was he bitter? And honestly, maybe he should have just stayed a director 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted, but Austin Michael Luciano (Dante Carlino, 1997-99) passed away on December 13th at age 23. He was the only child of Judi Evans Luciano, who of course played Dante's mother Paulina. No cause of death has been released as of yet.

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/austin-luciano-obituary?pid=194716753