Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ATWT was in a bit of a slog in the late '80s, so I'm not sure that's the hill to die on for Marland's writing, but I think the main point was that Marland probably wouldn't have been a good fit for AW, which I would agree with. 

While I would say Marland's ATWT was better than AW for much of his run as headwriter, ratings don't really equal quality, even if I wish they did. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I forget to mention -- I read near the time of Mac's death, that Swajeski had conceived the Red Swan mystery before she officially took over as head-writer, and had planned to use it as a major storyline.  But when Doug Watson died, she decided to tweak the details in order to incorporate Mac's demise into the plot.  I think Mac's passing should have been handled in a more straight-forward and believable manner, in reverence to both the character and the actor.  

• Members

The Youtube November 1988 credits show that for about three weeks the writers listed were (Barbara Hagstrom, Chris Whitesell, Michael Zazlow and Susan Hufford (breakdowns) and Carolyn Culliton, Peggy Schibi, Roger, Newman, Fran Newman, David Cherrill (script writers). I think Swajeski's shows started in early December just before snowflake ball.  Speaking of Donna, here's a link to an article about where Donna is now:  http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delaware-Today/February-2018/Meet-the-Grand-Dame-of-Delaware-Avenue/

• Members

About the only thing I love about Donna Swajeski is her name.

In a way, I'm glad Mac and Iris never resolved their issues.  Iris was always seeking Mac's love.  To have him pass away before he had the chance to forgive her, leaving her with the belief that her daddy died not loving her anymore, gave Iris a sort of dramatic engine for the rest of her time on the show.

Now, what I DO hate is that AW "died" with Iris still tucked away in prison.  IDK whether Beverlee McKinsey would have been able or willing to return at the end for a cameo, but it might have been nice to see her or even Carmen Duncan back and Iris making tentative amends with Carl and Rachel.