Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can think of two instances where Victoria Wyndham was robbed of an Emmy nomination. In 1989-90, Rachel discovers Iris is "The Chief" who tried to take over Cory Publishing and the aftermath of Mac's death. She carried AW for most of 1989-90. Her conversation with Ada (Constance Ford) directly after Mac's funeral on the Cory terrace should have won Wyndham the lead actress and Ford the supporting actress Emmy.

In 1993-94, the beginning of her romance with Carl in NYC, and her part in Felicia's intervention should have also earned her an Emmy nomination. Her "I want the bottle gone, and I want my friend back" speech with Felicia could have won her the Emmy.

The fact that Constance Ford (Ada) was never even nominated for an Emmy is another story, and it speaks volumes about what a joke the Emmys are.

• Members

Vicky and Bev had..."reputations." Probably well-deserved. Doesn't mean they weren't great actresses. But capable of rubbing people the wrong way? Maybe.

Remember when Vicky dropped that AW anniversary cake on the floor deliberately during a SOD photo shoot because she felt it was "appropriate" given AW's cancellation? That's what I'm talking about. SOD photographed it but I wondered if they appreciated that.

• Members

I don't know, but I think it does say something that neither Bev or Vicky ever won and the third in their "triangle", Doug Watson, walked away with two consecutive trophies. But then, I have never, EVER heard anyone in the acting arena or the soap press say a bad word about Mr. Watson.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Amen on Doug Watson. I don't think anyone ever had a bad word to say. The closest I ever saw him come to controversy was when he refused, as Mac, to tell Janice he loved her when that story was going on. The thing he told the press was "you only tell one person in your life that you love them"... or something like that, in reference to Doug's wife in real life.

So Mac would naturally tell Rachel he loved her but not anyone else. I thought that's classy. :)

• Members

I think he was Marcello Salta when he "knocked up" " A common Prostitute like Katrina Karrr!"[Karen Wolek]...whistling.jpgwhistling.jpg

All kidding aside, I look forward to seeing the movie. I loved Stephen as Cass Winthrop. Wish he could pop up on Days as Julie's brother for a visit! Congratulations to them for their son joining the family business!

• Members

Looking back over past storylines,I wondered how it would have played if Liz Matthews had been revealed as Iris' mother?

Liz had a child she gave up for adoption as she was determined to marry into the Matthews family.She got pregnant by a man she truly cared for but he was married so she married Will Matthews. This could explain why she always had a poor relationship with her daughter Susan as this reminded her of the daughter she gave away.

Imagine Iris reaction to having Liz as a mother. Susan was brought into the story at that time and they could have played an Iris/Susan rivalry.Maybe Iris got involved with Dan as a revenge on Susan.

Although a bit of a soapy coincidence the dramatic impact on those core characters might have made for some riveting storylines.

What do you think?

• Members

Have a question about Casting Joey Perrini

Paul Perri originated Joey from April to May 1978

Then Ray Liotta from May 1978- November 1981

However I guess Joey was temp recast from Jan 27 1981-March 6 1981 and they brought Paul Perri back

just find that weird that an actor replaced ends temping for his replacement

Anyone know the story there?