It's a fascinating idea - not to mention that it had been done before, in reverse. Nicolas Coster originated the role of Robert Delaney on Somerset and had problems with the producer there, and Paul Rauch asked if he would like to play the character on AW instead. It would have been fun to see the Frames in a new environment - especially if Henry Slesar had been writing the show then. Ahhh, what might have been...

Jacquie Courtney and Lara Parker did have a rather striking physical similarity, now that I think of it. Plus, it might have been interesting to see Parker as the good girl after her years as the evil Angelique. Leslie Charleson, I just don't see it. Not that she's not a good actress, but I just can't imagine her as Alice.

had no idea who lara parker was but wow, uncanny and would have made the perfect alice. often wondered who would have been a better replacement for bev mckinsey for the role of iris. i did like carmen very much but she was not really iris. Had Carmen Duncan ever left, Dixie Carter would have been a perfect fit replacement. Voice, body and character

Does anyone think Nancy Barrett (also of DS) could have made a good Alice? She was a blond and while she wasn't right for the role of Dr. Faith Coleridge on RH, she might have made an interesting Alice - certainly no worse than the ones who played the role after Jacquie.

In Lemays book I think he talks about Nic Coster's firing, he just isn't named.

Correct. Coster wasn't named directly by Lemay, but he was someone who apparently didn't bother learning his scripts. According to Lemay's book, Paul Rauch finally said that he had to let him go because of this.

Edited by zanereed

Does anyone think Nancy Barrett (also of DS) could have made a good Alice? She was a blond and while she wasn't right for the role of Dr. Faith Coleridge on RH, she might have made an interesting Alice - certainly no worse than the ones who played the role after Jacquie.

She was good at character parts more than the heroine.

I think that Judith Light (Karen Woleck #2 on One Life to Live) would have been a very good Alice Frame replacement. She replaced Kathryn Breech in that role with ease.

Another actress that I think should have been considered is Leigh Lassen (Patti Tate Whiting on Search for Tomorrow).

I don't know if Lara Parker (Dark Shadows) would have been the correct age (possibly being too old). And I think that Rita McLaughlin (The Secret Storm, As the World Turns) would have been good too, but she may have not been old enough.

Edited by danfling