Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pat was such a dry, droll character - John did have that side, but at that time he was mostly a haunted Vietnam vet.

It would have been interesting.

I think the show had the right idea in splitting Mac/Rachel and starting up Janice/Mac. That was a riveting story. The problem was the aftermath of Janice's death. I wish they'd stretched the story out, and if they had to kill Janice, make it worth the loss.

I also don't know if any Frames outside of Willis were all that popular with fans when they were written out in the late 70s. Again, I would have kept Janice, but there seemed to be some who were just sort of hanging around, like Vince.

I think the show's main problem was becoming so transient in the mid/late 70s. There weren't a lot of people to care about, and if you did care, they didn't last for long.

When you watch the 1980 episodes it's essentially a train station, and that seemed to only worsen.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think that could have been interesting, although Michael liked to control women, and she would have fought that.

I remember one of the L&O episodes with Mary Joan and I remember being really impressed with her work. I just can't remember which one. It might have been a season 6 episode.

• Members

She was in two episodes of L&O. Her first appearance was in the Season 2 episode "In Memory Of" (which also featured another AW alum, Tresa Hughes). This was probably the first time the show had dealt with a cold case (this was back when Michael Moriarty, Richard Brooks and Paul Sorvino were still on). Anyway, MJN does an incredible job as a traumatized young woman who finds her inner strength just in time to help the cops crack the case.

Her second appearance was in Season 5's "White Rabbit", which was very early in Sam Waterston's long run on L&O (it was only his fifth episode). Her character was based on Katherine Ann Power. (Also appearing in a small but crucial role is OLTL's Marilyn Chris.)

Both are very good episodes, so by all means watch them if you haven't already done so.

• Members

Yes, she did a very good job. Try to catch "In Memory Of" - she is absolutely heartbreaking, and it is a riveting case. From Ben Stone's protectiveness of her on the witness stand to the support she gets from Dr. Olivet, she doesn't let her fear keep her from helping them nail the bad guy.

Of course, the AW alum with the most appearances on the L&O shows has to be Stephen Schnetzer. Once I watched a CI marathon on the CLOO network, and he was on at least two of the episodes they played. LOL

• Members

Never sure why they dropped Pat. Beverley Penberty was aging well and a link to the show's roots.Pat had only been married once in all the time the character was on so they had hardly run out of story.

Mike and Marianne could have been brought back and integrated with the new characters.

• Members

I think it's just what is on Youtube.

If you are a fan of John and Felicia, the AW fanfiction that is posted here addresses their relationship, although they aren't actually together in it (they're still friendly, which causes tension among their family).

• Members

Though I was too young when Lemay was with the show the first time I do wish his stint in '88 could have lasted longer. Who knows? If he were given a legitimate chance of helping the show maybe it would have moved up in the ratings.

I wonder what he would have done with Anne Heche and what he thought of her as an actress on the show. Had she begun her story being the third in the Jamie/Lisa triangle? I always enjoyed that triangle though I remember it going on for too long.

I wonder if he would have favored the Frames and Matthews families more than the Loves or McKinnons...

Was Denise Alexander already leaving at that point? Wonder if he could have kept her on and used her better...Except for her initial arrival on the show as the back-from-the-dead Mary storyline I never felt that the show capitalized on her talent.

• Members

Had Lemay stayed on as headwriter in 1988, it would have been interesting to see what he would have written for the 25th anniversary and the sudden death of Douglass Watson (Mac Cory). I doubt that we would have seen George Reinholt on the 25th anniversary in Rachel's out of body experience. I also think he would not have penned the convoluted Red Swan story as a follow-up to Mac's death.