Another World

• Members

Yeah I don't remember him much but I remember I didn't care for him after John Hutton. They didn't look anything alike!

One character I could never really get into was Jamie and that was because of all of the recasts and changes in his "careers". The only time I cared about the character was when Larry Lau played the part and the Lisa/Jamie/Vicky Jamie/Vicky/Jake triangles. Couldn't stand Russell Todd.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SOD...July 5,1983..

"Peter has learned some disturbing news about his sister Nicole from Donna. Even though she is well paid model, her bank accounts are overdrawn. Promising to try to locate his sister, Peter then notices a recent magazine photo of Nicole. Although she's as beautiful as always, there's something very strange about her expression....."

July 19, 1983

Peter is jealous of Gil Fenton[Tom Wiggin...later Kirk, ATWT]...Perry Hutchins, Donna's stepson arrives. Mary Page Keller is announced as Peter's fiance, replacing nonentity Dawn Benz...

Aug.2,1983

Donna invited Cecile to Sally and Peter's engagement party..."Cecile visits Peter and pours on the 'victim' routine,appealing to his sympathetic nature."

August 16, 1983

"As more strange callers try to get hold of Nicole, Donna becomes increasingly concerned about her younger sister's whereabouts'

However, it's Peter to whom Nicole turns, arriving at his apartment one night without any warning. Although Nicole is beautiful, she has an edginess that her brother can't understand. Nor will Nicole explain to him why she is flat broke.

Immediately, Nicole takes a liking to Sally and warns her about 'devious' Donna. When Peter gently suggests to his sister that she'd be more comfortable in the big Love house, Nicole refuses to go anywhere near Donna until Peter paves the way,. After he extracts Donna's promise not to hassle Nicole, the nervous young woman agrees to live under Donna's roof for a while."

The caption under Anna Stuart's photo says..".How far will snooty Donna Love [Anna Stuart] go to break up her brother's engagement?"

• Members

This is a synopsis of the Nicole/Jamie/Ted cocaine story:

When Nicole arrived in Bay City, her agent and drug pusher, Whit, pressured her to return to modeling. Immediately, Nicole began flirting with Jamie who just returned to Bay City. Jamie insisted he can't be interested in Nicole while she's on drugs. Meanwhile, Felicia was writing a new novel and a diet/fitness book for Cory Publishing. Jamie refused to help Felicia research cocaine use for her next novel. At Whit's request, Nicole agreed to model for Felicia's diet book. Ted Bancroft, who was released from the mental hospital, arrived to photograph Felicia's book. Perry Hutchins, Donna Love's stepson, caught Nicole using cocaine and urged her to get help. To protect Nicole, Jamie and Felicia kept quiet about her cocaine when Mac ordered them to rehire Ted to photograph the diet book. Perry was trying to set a trap for Ted. Ted panicked when Perry asked him to score cocaine for him. Jamie vowed to prove that Ted is supplying Nicole with coke; however, he later was mad that Amanda nearly got a hold of some cocaine that Ted left for Nicole. Realizing that he was being set up, Ted planted cocaine on Jamie, who was arrested when Ted tipped off the cops. Felicia and Jamie had Perry make another coke buy from Ted after failing to plant a stash of cocaine on Ted. Brian noticed that his son, Ted, was behaving strangely. Later, Larry burst in on Perry's meeting with Ted and his drug supplier, and Perry was shot. Ted was busted and shocked to learn that bartender Ollie is really an undercover cop. Ted cleared Jamie of the phony drug possession charges. Brian refused to post bail for Ted, who was arrested on drug charges. Brian was forced to testify against Ted, who was sent to a mental institution. This is the last time Ted would be seen in Bay City.

• Members

3 actors played Ted in various stints.This time around it was Luke Reilly. That was a good use of that character as it draw on history(something AW needed at that time) and gave Brian something to do.

I am surprised that with all the upheaval in the early 80's,Brian Bancroft was one of the few characters that hung around,although he was never given much to do.

I think that Philece Sampler would have made a much better Nicole than Donna and maybe the character would have had more substance than Lauri Landry's brief stint. As for Anne Howard,she might as well been a different character.

After Richard Bekins the other Jamies couldn't compare.Making him a doctor was unnecessary as there was plenty for him to do at Cory Publishing.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Thanks for the story background! I had always wished that AW had used Peter and Nicole more to play off of Donna/Anna Stuart. I'd rather have seen those dynamics more than Donna/Michael which became tedious the last few years.

The Loves were so dysfunctional but I suppose with Reginald as a father...

• Members

Apparently the first Peter wanted to leave the show. After that the show seemed to have no idea what to do with Peter. I haven't seen Holder's work, but Smythe seemed weak/ineffectual.

Honestly the Love dynamics are something which sound much better on paper than they were when I got to watch them onscreen. I loved the interaction between Nicole, Peter, and Donna in their first year or two, but once the recasts started, and once Reginald returned, everything went downhill fast. Lots of whining and pouting from Peter, lots of Donna freakouts, and Reginald twirling his mustache.

• 2 weeks later...