Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have watched so many episodes from 1988/89 and have noticed, there has never been any on screen time between Iris and Liz during those two years, other than the anniversary episodes and macks death but never any interaction between the two characters. Odd, since Liz and Iris were close during the 70's when Bev played the role

• Members

Just saw Judith McConnell as a lady having a pedicure in a commercial for Walgreens during Celebrity Apprentice. She's got short white hair now and looks terrific.

I remember Tim Holcomb, too. He had dark hair and was extremely cute and likeable. The first time we saw him was in a barn with Blaine, I think, and he had his shirt off. Hel-LO, Jamie! I suspect he was just considered too lightweight for the wringer they intended to put Jamie through. I think Holcomb left the business soon afterward.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Here's what was happening in Bay City Fiday May 2 1964

Jim and Mary Matthews discuss their pleasant day and relax on the porch as the Memorial Day weekend draws to a close. Jim expresses his appreciation of the fact that Mary has included Liz and her family in the dinner invitations, despite her reservations. Meanwhile, Tom and Pat lounge in a secluded outdoor spot, mooning over their first meeting and dreading the end of the brief holiday respite. Tom becomes amorous and tells Pat he finds her "exciting," while she replies she only wants to be loved.

By Monday November 9

Carol waits for her date, Tom Baxter, who, unbeknownst to her, lies dead from a gunshot wound; Frank arrives home where he finds Pat standing over Tom's body; Pat leaves the apartment when Frank's back is turned; Laura begs Ken not to divorce her, but her efforts are fruitless; Frank tells the police what happened; and Ken arrives at the scene of the crime and sees the dead body of his son.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

During the first few years of the series, Alice was indeed a supporting character; the main heroines were Pat and Missy.

When Rachel showed up and married Russ Matthews, however, Alice's role expanded. The newlyweds moved in with Jim and Mary, so Alice and Rachel had a lot of interaction. Rachel grated on Alice's nerves, and Alice could see right through her, so there was a lot of tension in the Matthews home.

I will NEVER forget Rachel manipulating Alice out of her own bedroom (which Rachel wanted for herself because it was bigger than the one Rachel was using.)

• Members

Yes, I believe Alice was basically just Pat's kid sister in the first couple of years on the show, first as a high school student and then an art student before switching to nursing. It seems that there was a lot of tension between Alice and Rachel even before Steve came on the scene!!!

I too love that Walgreen's commercial with Judith McConnell. It actually first aired over a year ago, I think - but it has gotten a lot more play as of late.

• Members

Is there any video of Susan Trustman playing Pat? I've only seen stills of her. I remember watching in the late seventies when Harding Lemay actually used some of Pat's original story to create a new story with Pat, her daughter Marianne, and the man who came between them, Greg Barnard. Production did a great job of recreating the original story (Pat and Tom Baxter), using Beverly Penberthy and the actor who played Greg.