Prediction : Days of our Lives to move to CBS in 2010

• Members

I belive now more then ever that Days of our Live's will on CBS in 2010 and I belive Barbra Bloom is setting the stage for the show to jump to CBS. with the cancelation of GL CBS will have the space for Corday to move Day's to CBS in ATWT spot after the B&B and ATWT will be shortend to half hour and moved to the mouring time slot. Sony already owns half of the Y&R so their is already a relationship between CBS and Sony Pictures to bring Days to CBS.

CBS Daytime in 2010 will look like this half hour of ATWT in the mourings, Y&R, B&B and Days

what you think does Barbra Bloom have her eye's on Days of our Lives?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting post! I could see it happening and CBS has taken other network shows before (primetime mostly - JAG, Family Matters) so I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility. Also DOOL has something that CBS has longed for a long time - a very popular soap that is rooted in pop-culture and has the most devout following of any other soap, IMO.

It really could happen especially if NBC wants out of the soap biz, which it SO does!

• Members

Provided DAYS keeps it's spot in the demos and in the households, I wouldn't be surprised if CBS or Barbara Bloom decide to replace ATWT with DAYS. Or were at least interested in it. Y&R: The More Serious Show. B&B: The Campy Sister Show to Y&R and DAYS: The Crazy Ass Show where anything could happen. B&B would be an interesting bridge between Y&R and DAYS.

Also, if SONY gets into bed with CBS(with the $25,000 Pyramid), SONY may be using that to push their way into DAYS on CBS. So they can have a monopoly on CBS lineup.

Also, one of the reasons why Pyramid is being so bandied about is that the show already has a built in name. They don't need to start from scratch with the new show, because people know the brand and are familiar with it(which is why I assume CBS/Paramount are so keen on these drama remakes for the CW). CBS may be very interested in DAYS if they can keep their numbers steady, have some sort of creative control over it, and if they can get the show for really cheap because, again, the show comes with a fanbase and a brand already instead of starting from scratch.

But it's all a moot point anyway. I worry for Y&R and B&B. I mean, they're safe for now, but what if the ratings keep dropping? Especially for B&B. A 2.4 Household? Really? The last time this happened, Brad Bell got rid of all the stuff we hated(the Marone Overload and the shipping bull) and at least made some sort of attempt to give the fans what they wanted(Brooke/Ridge's wedding, Felicia's initial return, Rick's return, etc.), while torturing us at the same time. But now, it's like the ratings are a 2.5 or 2.4, and he barely flinches.

But I'm with Y&RWorldTurner: leave it to Darlotto to make up a thread like this. Chill dude. We can't predict this [!@#$%^&*]. It will happen when it happens.

• Members

Much as a love days, I dont see it on CBS. It does need to shape up and get a new writer who believes in history and family!!! Dena Higley has killed Days along with help from Ken CockDay. The young people are taking over, I am young but I want to see Calliope and Eugene, Doug and Julie, and other vets in meaningful storylines. Days is actually sucky right now with Kate trying to burst Chloe. Just tell Lucas for God's Sake: "You wife is a slut and she's been sleeping with Dr. F***-A-Lot." I could go on and on but I tell the story another day!

Archived