Soap Stars Who Need A Makeover

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Ronnequin thinks he's Keith Richards. Let's just leave it at that!

And while his personal style may not be my preference, it is just that -- a personal style choice. He does love the ponchos and beads and scarves.

His face, however -- I must admit. I'm no fan of his rotten acting. But that man is almost wrinkle-free. He has great skin and cheekbones. I don't know whether it is genes or a surgeon but for 50, he doesn't look it.

• Members

Range, I was just thinking, I would LOVE, just LOVE to see a video of Brenda in all her glory, from "Red Carpet Madness" to "Welcome to My Home," with Lady Gaga's "Fashion" playing in the background. The shots of Brenda in her closet would be stellar! When you hear "I need some new stilettos," you see Brenda reaching for her red hooker boots. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then the caption of "Where am I supposed to by my 11 boxes of wardrobe??????" across the screen!

• Members

I think sheilaforever hits the nail on the head with Susan Flannery. Weight has never been her issue. She was only ever thin for the first two years of B&B but still remained a striking, glamorous, feminine woman through most of the 1990s.

It was the cancer that really knocked it out of her. Her hair is much too thin to grow out and combined with being 70 years old she probably isn't comfortable with tottering about in the kind of heels she used to wear.

BUT, the problem seems to be that there is no middle ground. No compromise. Susan won't wear a wig, fine. She likes the suits...okay. She'll only wear hush puppies...hmm. While the wig is a concession that I can live with, it seems to me that there is absolutely no attempt made to work with the limitations. I don't know whether she really refuses to be styled in any way whatsoever or the costume designers can't be bothered.

Even back to 5 or 6 years ago, there was still an element of feminity to the character. The suits were jazzed up with scarves and blouses or different cuts. The makeup was much more striking. Even the shoes were more flats or low heels than slippers.

I think it's a betrayal to the character that she's been turned into a complete frump because that is not remotely who Stephanie Forrester is or was. And it's not about age or size. Any mildly fashion conscious older woman wouldn't be seen dead leaving the house like Stephanie Forrester. I suspect not even Susan Flannery which makes me point the finger more towards the stylists.

• Members

I suspect it's these stupid stylists at the bottom of alot of this. I am so OVER all the tweezing, buffing, and waxing of many of the men on daytime... that's what makes men like Engen and Howarth so HOT... they haven't had all the raw masculine sexuality sucked out of them by some overzealous makeup artist and their damn brazilian wax kit! ( Who remembers that shower scene with Brian Gaskill on B&B?....WOW!! no wax needed!) And incidentally... Howarth's hair is the most DIVINE thing I've ever seen right now, he needs to be starring in a breck commercial, and NOW.

• Members

IMO, the most naturally beautiful and exquisite actress in daytime over the last 20 or so years was definitely, definitely, definitely Ms. Tamara Tunie. She just turned 50 and looks at least a hundred times better than many actresses younger than her (Hunter T! Talking to you!).

Archived