Soap Stars Who Need A Makeover

• Members

I am torn about Jack Wagner. His skin aging is from being out in the sun playing golf, but he still looks good to me even with the weird hair color. He is still handsome and can be very charming.

I think that Peter Bergman who has not been mentioned is a very handsome distinguished older man who has aged well.

Kirsten looks ill and has ever since her weight loss started. Whatever substance she is using, she has got to stop. Jason probably starves himself, but he does not look ill.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some weeks she does. Some weeks she looks like Anais Nin lecturing at the School for Disembodied Poets. Strasser beneifits from a less severe hairstyle to soften her features. A few of the wigs they plop on her are highly unflattering.

• Members

...and about La Flannery's hair: It's thinning out which couldn't be more obvious. It's happening to some people with age but due her medication it seems much stronger than in general. Therefore, she can't just grow it out... The only thing she could do is to wear a wig. Been there, done that - and I found it degrading to La Flannery.

That said up to a certain age (let's say 60) and without any health issues, I suppose that actors & actresses are also paid to a certain degree for their looks. Take that Maurice Bernard. :P

• Members

Wagner seems to heavily rely on make-up since he does not do nip/tucking. He looked EXTREMELY old and awful during the last season of Melrose, slightly better on Titans and when he joined B&B gone were the crows-feet.

...untill they apparently reduced his make-up which aged him at least 20 years considering his buff body.

• Members

Sorry Rakesh, but Zimmer is a train wreck and has been throughout most of her career.

I think Jess Walton is growing her hair out, at least, that's the way it looks to me onscreen.

Stafford looks great! Does anyone else remember Stafford's little chicklet teeth and enhanced gumline when she first joined Y&R? Girl should be on her knees thanking Bill Bell.

I think Susan Seaforth Hayes looks absolutely fabulous. And though I don't like her, Lauren Koslow is stunning. I've met her in person and she does not disappoint.

Grayson McCouch needs to buzz all that hair off- he looks tres fab with the short mane.

Tammin Sursok really needs to put on some pounds. She's as bad as Minshew, but shorter.

• Members

You know, I think it's always been that poodle perm of his that made him unattractive. I have an episode of the Hardy Boys from 1977 where he is sporting STRAIGHT hair, and he actually looks CUTE. I can't for the life of me remember what he looked like when he played Chris Brooks' rapist in 73/74... but Geary seems to be somebody who went downhill really FAST after 30. Lavosier is also someone who NEEDS HAIR, this buzzed off crap he sports now does NOTHING for him. Perhaps it was his attempt to butch himself up? I don't think it will help. I know Zimmer doesn't wear flattering clothes... but sometimes an actress has to take matters into her own hands. After all, Dickson wore her OWN clothes in the 80's, and had it written into her contract, cause she HATED waht they gave her to wear.

• Members

I love Strasser, but her looks are like a coin toss from day to day. In Wagget's Soap Opera Book of Lists, there's a list of most beautiful actresses and the soap photog who wrote the list put her on there. ITA with what he said which was that from some angles she can look haggard, then she turns her head into the light and she is just radiantly beautiful. I think the look she sported in the "b.j. gate" :rolleyes: episodes is currently her best, she looks great with the curly extensions pulled back. I really wish they'd dye her hair a softer colour though, that Osbourne family red is too severe, she looks too witchy some days and it really ages her when they blow her naturally thin hair straight.

McCouch is a tough call because I also have nice curly hair that people compliment (he says modestly) which makes me look younger, yet when I cut it short I hear "handsome" more or people say I look less "boy" and more man. He definitely looks older and more gray with the short hair, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I guess it depends on what you're going for.

• Members

That's my girl, DIVA, DIVA, DIVA!

"Do you like this gown? It's very dramatic. There was a time in my career when I wouldn't be caught dead in a gown like this. Fashion can be acquired through fashion."

• Members

Peter Bergman (to quote Bridget Jones' Diary) is starting to look purple! Also his skin is very dry. Maybe it is the SoCal lifestyle -- golfing, tennis and boating? He is finally at an age where he has "grown into" Jack's wardrobe of smart suits, ties and Swoop hair, though.

Oh, and Sharon Case needs to lay off the mystic tan. AND CUT OFF THOSE DAMN EXTENSIONS.

And Alicia Minshew and Kristen Storms need to be put on a feeding drip. And, possibly, Sarah Brown.

Crystal Chappell, like Kim Zimmer, has put on some weight over the years. But I personally think she carries it rather well.

I didn't know LAD wore wigs! Her hair was so lustrous on Sunset Beach. I totally thought she was blessed by the Hair gods. :lol:

Somewhat OT but I heard that Kelly Monaco, Sarah Brown and Rick Hearst are heavy smokers. Is this true?

Archived