Soap Stars Who Need A Makeover

• Members

Diana Vreeland said it nicely: There are no chic women in America. The one exception is Nan Kempner.

I don't think she's the best dressed woman ever, but she is very good. No wonder with all that Yves and Mainbocher stuff. :lol:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one nowadays. Glamour died a long time ago. Today it's all trash, fake glam, flashy, shiny, awful, cheap imitation. The luxury lost its lustre. It has become accessible to everyone and thus died (a terrible death, I might add).

Look at this amazing “silk faille opera cape” Nan wore to a party at the Met in 1983 — who wears that kind of thing today?! Amazing!

kempner061204_1_198.jpg

• Members

I liked Susan's hair when Erica entered the Betty Ford Center. That was a good cut for her. However, I didn't like the in-between stage of her hair when she was growing it back. But I guess no one looks good when they're trying to grow back their hair.

• Members

We were talking earlier about Collins liking her wigs.... I found a screen grab from that episode of Space:1999 that I was telling you all about, her snow white wig actualyl went down to her butt... you can only see a bit of it here, but you can see ALL of her glorious headdress, and gold and pink eyeshadow!

spmotd0102.jpg

• Members

I know this is a thread about the people who are to up from the flo up, but I have to ask about the lovely Eileen Fulton. DF, please tell me that she's had little to no work done. Go to her official site, she has some very recent pictures on the main page, and she looks just gorgeous. She doesn't look like 50, but she looks a good 5-7 years younger than her 75 years.

• Members

I can't say she's had no work done...she's definitely had a facelift. Eileen, over the last few years, has lost a great deal of weight (I'd say 30-40 pounds) and as a result looks FABULOUS. She's also grown out her hair and looks lovely. That said, I just know she's had a facelift. At her age, to lose a bunch of weight and to not have extreme sagging, impossible.

That being said, I think the facelift would have been done years ago, early 90s maybe?

Overall, Eileen, at nearly 76, looks great.

• Members

Considering that picture is from 1974, she doens't look much different today. The production designer for Space:1999, Keith Wilson, said it was one of the highlight of his career to design her "look" for that episode (she was a sophisticated alien cannibal, after all) he said she had the most beautiful skin, and her figure was a joy to design for.

• Members

I stood right beside Joan at a party a few years back at the Toronto International Film Festival and I can attest that her skin is still beautiful, remarkably clear and elastic and that she is a size 8/10. She also has a great sense of humor.

Archived