Soap Stars Who Need A Makeover

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL at those ALT pics. I do like his column in Vogue, though. Can't believe I missed the Nan Kempner talk! I saw her once at a private costume jewellery sale. She was all wrinkles and skin-and-bones but TONS of allure and absolutely comfortable in her own skin. Treated everybody the same, regardless of whether they were socialites or busboys, and that is a rare trait in Snob Land. She was also hilarious and absolutely the center of attention.

As for stylish people -- namely stylish Americans, what about Babe Paley?

Babe_Paley_01.jpg

Jackie O? Even Marie Chantal Miller (who is perhaps a little too safe a dresser. Everything is just so).

Right now, this is my favorite fashion plate: Daphne Guinness. Though she is English and nuts.

74905_51800834annakarina42320082291.jpg

-------------------------------------

And back to this thread! I think Jess Walton needs to borrow one of Lesley-Anne Down's brunette, shoulder-length wigs from her Sunset Beach days. That was big, thick, lustrous whore hair at an acceptable length for a lady of a certain age, in my view.

Oh, and Marty on OLTL needs a makeover. She has the same hair and clothes as she had on her last major run -- in the mid-90s! She looks like she's auditioning for the Ricki Lake Show (may it RIP).

• Members

LOL, I was prob trying to finish up work for the evening.

Incidentally, NK had a throaty, raucous laugh similar to Jeanne Cooper's or Jess Walton's, I would imagine. She wore tons of big bangles and bracelets which jingled like wind chimes whenever she gesticulated. Ever since then... I've been drawn to bangles and watches-as-bangles. :lol:

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know the trend! She did, after all, say: “Put it all on, then take half of it off!” :lol: (About the jewellery, clearly.)

I love her hair, you, Cat, see certain similarities with Candice, I guess, her hair-dresser and colourist was Frédéric Fekkai.

• Members

Nan was simply a nice lady. A lot of people don't like the word 'nice' but it describes Nan perfectly. She had an acid tongue but was generally feisty, fabulous and fun. She was very comfortable in her own skin, as you point out, which is why I think she was so stylish, she wore what worked for her.

Nan Kempner overload. Heaven.

Oh and the Austin Peck avatar is essentially my inspiration for going to the gym, dude is fit AND a helluva nice guy.

Nan Kempner's voice was like a feminine version of Lauren Bacall, very, very similar to Jess Walton's voice when I think of it. One of the best laughs too.

Bangles on a woman are always sexy and appropriate.

• Members

Wow -- now that you mention it, yes, I do see similarities between Candice Bergen's and NK's hair.

ClassicSoapFan, Truman Capote said of BP "Babe Paley had only one flaw -- she was perfect. Other than that, she was perfect." A dilemma her husband wrestled with, too, as he both adored her and yet cheated on her all the time. But, as they say, the rich are like a foreign country: they do things differently there.

Archived