Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Members

LOL, this is true. The only difference, though, IMO, is that Hannah Montana isn't hailed as one of the decade's greatest shows of foreverer and nobody, not even the most rabid of her/its fans, saying that it's brilliantly written or a masterpiece or anything. If a Hannah fan believes that, that's perfectly fine, but the second they call all people who disagree jealous, talentless hacks, that's when it stops being fine. That's what too many Gleenuts do on blogs, message boards, etc.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Has this moron even watched Glee? The auto-tuning is one of the worst things about the show, but without it I suspect that the actresses who play Rachel and her mother might be the only survivors. The auto-tuning of Finn is one of the main reasons why I despise his casting.

• Members

Miley has no reason to be jealous (though I think her new career direction could badly backfire), but the fact she dislikes it does make me a bit more willing to like it more. LOL Of course I think musicals can be really great ways to tell stories (something I'm not sure Glee exactly exemplifies...), and I'd saiy it's just as hard to suspend your diebelief to watch one as it would be to watch crap like Hannah Montana. :P But I'm not gonna say that Glee is in the same level as A Little Night Music (at all).

BadZoe a few of the others would last without the auto tune--though maybe they couldn't record the tracks in the extremely tight amount of time they do--I saw Matt Morrison in Hairspray ages back, and he definitely can sing live (in fact I think he's a bit underused how thye always seem to give him endless rap songs). But yeah, I don't think Monteith has much vocal talent--I went to school with him here in Victoria and didn't know him well, but he was a nice, quiet guy so I could be biased--he did play the drums but certainly wasn't involved in any theatre or musical theatre (like me :P )

Anyway, tonight's episode was typically a mixed bag for me. Why does Jesse hate Rachel so much? Why is the wife even back and now hitting on Finn? And even worse, why is the closeted, flamboyantly gay teacher from the early eps back (complete with hysterical molestation jokes) when even Ryan Murphy said to Ent Weekly he realized he was a mistake...

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

the reaction to the miley comments have been amusing.

she pretty much said people busting out into song out of nowhere is something she doesnt like. Its a common complaint about musicals. I feel the same way, for the most part. Now if her show plot was as redic or not is rather pointless... Moving on...

Ryan Murphey... Eric, i dont know why you give him so much credit. He is an awful showrunner. He has proven time and time again he pretty much just goes with no plan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...