Official Emmy Pre-Nom List (All Shows)

AllAboutAngst

• Members

EXACTLY!

EXACTLY!!

EXACTLY!!!

she is a LEAD actress. She plays a LEAD role. She is in LEAD storylines.

her acting partners are all lead. I dont see how anyone can she is given supporting material, and even if she is shes given so much of it and is on so much she is still lead. she is more lead than any actress on any soap in the past 10 years. the only other actress who come close to her is Alison Sweeney.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Despite being on our screens 365 days a year, Alicia is hampered by the fact that her presence isn't as commanding as some other actresses. She just doesn't capture your attention when she is on screen the way an Erika Slezak or Kim Zimmer or Susan Lucci does. And I'm not just using these actresses as examples because they're soap veterans. When Cynthia Watros was on GL she showed this special quality too. Even if these actresses aren't front and center, you can't help but watch them when they're on. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of Alicia.

• Members

Since last year, she's been really good. But she wasn't given eath-shattering material - even moreso Amelia Heinle; read Cat's comments on the prior page: she wasn't kidding there!!!; - but Adrienne Frant at least got some good stuff with Kay's death in the fall. Or she should submit those hilarious radio call-in-shows about her & Daniel. These were a hoot.

• Members

I agree that Alicia Minshew is a LEAD actress and should have been lobbed into that category. However I also agree that Alicia had zilch to work with and no real material in 2008 that would garner her a nomination from the Academy. Last year was a godawful year for her and Kendall. Alicia had no work or material that should garner a nomination in the LEAD or SUPPORTING categories. I also agree that she is not as talented, versatile, or charismatic as numerous other LEAD actresses of the past and present. I don't see an Emmy win in her future. However the bottom line is that she is not a supporting actress and does not belong in that category year after year.

I did not know who the Hades she was either. It just further illustrates my earlier point that this is one of the weakest Pre-nominations list I have ever seen.

• Members

As casts get smaller and smaller the pre-noms list will look weaker esp in the young artist categories when shows just don't have anyone to nominate in a category limited by age.

Also add to that shows that focus so much on one or two players and give so many others nothing to really work with.

AMC's supporting actresses when you stop to think about it were really weak last year. Egan is really the only standout of the actresses in that category. Both Greenlee and Kendall were leads all year, but neither worthy of a nomination there. Nothing they did was great. Susan Lucci was really more lead last year with the on the run story and all than she has been in recent years, but I would have even put her in supporting over Alicia.

And to me Michael E. Knight should have really gotten the Supporting nod over Vincent Irizarry this year. Michael really had a good bit of stuff to work with last year, but who knows he may have tried for lead, but he was more supporting in 2008.

• Members

You are probably right, but the same can be said for others who try to use information they clearly don't know anything about to further a point..... I am just going by what the rules clearly state....

• Members

Carolyn Hennesy should submit an episode from June 2008 around father's day when Diane is discussing her father and gets emotional (though Steve Burton almost ruins everything with his facial expressions) and put it with one of her more comedic tapes (which she has plenty to chose from there). Judi Evans did that last year and got in because the voters that dicussed their process said they liked seeing some other then someone crying all the time.

• Members

Excited as hell that Liz Hubbard got a pre-nom for Best Lead Actress. Kinda bummed about Martha Byrne's absence from the list. 2008 would have been her last qualifying year as an actress for ATWT. :(

Aww, our little Van's growing up. He's in the supporting category now. Glad to see Mick Hazen has filled the void in the younger actor category. However, I'm still not much of an MH fan.

Surprised to see Terri C. absent from the list. Instead, Julie Pinson's next to Kelly M-Hensley. That's weird. :blink: But Pinson's pretty good. I hope KMH submitted her scenes from the "john beating". I think that was 2008......

Jake Silbermann didn't make the cut??!! :o (/end sarcasm) :lol:

:lol: Doughnuts, Juniorz? Really? :lol: Too funny!!

Amen to all the above!

• Members

as much as i love Jane, i disagree. Becky very much deserved a pre-nom. And this year, unlike last where she should have been in lead, she deserves it in supporting.

If anything Jane shoulda been over CH, but i also think CH proved herself to be an amazing actress last year and am happy she got a pre-nom.

As far as GH goes im shocked that KMC was overlooked. Greg & Tyler both would have been more deserving than BW. I am happy for Bradford to. Also Brandon Barash did a lot of good work. IMHO Steve Burton, as underwhelming as he is, has much much much better stuff than TG or MB. and why is TG still in lead? Hes off more than hes on. He belongs in supporting.

Archived