Official Emmy Pre-Nom List (All Shows)

AllAboutAngst

• Members

Overall I am very impressed with the pre-noms put forth by AMC, especially Melissa Claire Egan! She carried this show through most of the transition period between B&E and Pratt and should be rewarded for that. She saved her job, no doubt. Debbi Morgan, Darnell, Melissa, Daniel Kennedy and Cornelius should all recieve nominations this year.... but as long as Debbi and Melissa get through I can deal.

Thorsten Kaye ahead of David Canary? :huh: Thorsten hasn't really done anything emmy worthy this year... Alicia SHOULD be lead.... but in which case I wouldn't put her ahead of either of the two who did get pre-noms for lead. Again, her best chance for a nomination was last year, and she did not get it so I think her chances are pretty slim.

Brianne Moncrief :lol: lack of options I suppose. AMC's younger cast, while it got a boost this past year with Daniel Kennedy, still lacks majorly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really watch the show anymore, but anytime I've caught it, she commands her scenes. I'm glad she got pre-nommed and hope she breaks through.

As usual, the Y&R pre-noms are a joke. And here I thought things would be different without Lethal Latham there. Guess I was wrong. Amelia Heinle is definitely the worst offender, but CLB is up there too. You watch- he'll submit that stupid Michael's Wonderful Life Christmas episode they did. Mark my words.

Me too! Billy is very charasmatic and is a definite find for ATWT.

:lol: I LOVE IT.

All I can say is you GO Elizabeth Hubbard! She better get nominated!

• Members

I'm super excited for her (and Will DeVry for that matter). Both were recurring players, but drove stories and were absoutely excellent. Hence they got a pre-nom. I just that at least either of them makes the final list of nominees...

On the Y&R it seems only best buddies seem to get pre-noms - material AND abilities aside.

No Eric Braeden nod? Amelia Heinle? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...

• Members

This is one of the weakest and rudderless pre-nomination lists I have ever seen. So many wrong actors and actresses were nominated. And the right actors and actresses that should have been nominated were surprisingly left off the pre-nomination ballots. I call bollocks. Is the Daytime Emmys even being televised this year? If the awards do air then I can see the ratings sinking to even lower levels.

• Members

I like AMC, GL, B&B and DAYS' pre nomination choices.

Yay for Renee Jones and Lauren Koslow, both of those ladies are loooong overdue for a nod in my opinion.

Carolyn Hennesy and Jeanne Cooper both deserved their nods. I think Chapman should have been Supporting and taken Heinle's pre nomination and of course Melody Thomas Scott should have gone for lead. That's the problem with the nomination process, it's a popularity contest and if you aren't loved by the cast, you're screwed.

For the record, Jess Walton did not think it appropriate to be nominated for 2008 which is why I'm certain we don't see her name.

• Members

Neither of them have any power in the pre-nom process last time I checked.... the cast votes.

Alicia Minshew most likely felt she had more of a chance submitting herself in the supporting category..... if Lish is ever to recieve an emmy nomination, that's where it will be. That being said, there was nothing remotely emmy worthy about her performance this year.... at least nothing I would put ahead of the two ladies in lead and her partner in supporting, which I expect you to fully disagree with, but that's my opinion. She really was robbed of a nomiantion in 2008, because she proved to me and the daytime world she can be emmy calibre actress with the CRASH storyline..... but poor writing, and interesting choices in handling that writing has kind of taken Lish down a few notches in my book.

The fact that you are the third person to already ask this question just shows the mark she has left on AMC..... I wonder if we will ever see her again.

• Members

To me Alicia being on the list is AMC's weakest nom in the main categories. She is totally out of place there this year. But they didn't have too many others to choose from as not too many had any more than she did. I do feel that Jill Larson who didn't have a lot in 2008 did more with the stuff she was given than Alicia did. I would have a whole lot rather seen Jill Larson there than Alicia or even Susan Lucci for that matter. She was supporting a lot during the year.

Archived