DOOL - Blake Berris, Darin Brooks - NBC

GL - EJ Bonilla - CBS

OLTL - Brandon Buddy, Edward Alderson - ABC

Y&R - Bryton McClure, Kevin Schmidt - CBS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In what universe is the woman who is on the show almost every single day nominated for Best Supporting Actress. Alicia Minshew is not a supporting actress.

There are some good folks on there and as usual some big WTF moments reading the list. But the absences of Eric Braedan, Melody Thomas Scott and Trevor St. John really stand out the most to me.

• Members

Is this list for real? Has anyone double checked? I'm sorry, but most of those pre-noms seem like jokes. If this list is real, then the actors have decided to do their own thing since the networks have been treating them like dirt.

Bradford Anderson over Ric Hearst? Bradford Anderson over Jason Thompson?

Kristen Alderson, Farah Fath, Brandon Buddy? These are some of the worse younger actors on the soaps.

Unbelievable.

• Members

Daniel Kennedy is Petey

cornelius is Frankie

Brianne is Colby

I think Shannon Kane is Rachel, the nanny, but not sure. I didn't look her up.

The younger noms don't bother me as bad since most of the shows put the only ones they had eligible up. They had no one else to choose from. AMC put the only ones that had material up. OLTL didn't have much more to choose from. They could have put up the girl who plays Starr's friend but she really didn't have much to submit. So can't blame them for going with Fath and Alderson.

B&B never has many to choose from there.

The shows have really cut back on the casting and the teen actors often are limited now on the shows. So we get a lot of people thrown in there who most likely wouldn't have a chance in hell at a nom.

The Supporting Categories are always the ones with the most ommissions since people like Alicia Minshew who clearly lead get thrown down in Supporting and cuts out legitimate supporting performers from having a chance.

• Members

The GL noms aren't bad generally, but with such a small cast, I suppose it wasn't as big a pool. I'm not quite sure I agree with the Branson nod though considering that he had been on the show for all of a month before the eligibility period ended. But at least he's a good actor and has made a very good impression on the cast and the audience. But Saint-Victor? Really? John Driscoll has been there for how many years and still isn't able to get a nomination? Please. Oh well. I'm curious about Cosgrove's nod in lead. I don't disagree with it considering how much he was on, but truth be told, he probably would have had a better shot in supporting, which is typically the weaker category.

I'm not even going to comment on the Y&R noms. Looks like the list Branco floated around was accurate damn it. The only good one was Jeanne, who I almost hopes takes home a second consecutive statuette (not to mention the fact that the Emmys LOVE dual roles...).

• Members

Here are 3 questions for anyone who knows how the pre-noms worked this time. The "new rules" don't seem to explain the process completely.

There was an "unofficial" list of pre-noms for Y&R and OLTL that appeared on the net in mid-January.

The official pre-nom ballots went out on February 16 with the voting period ending on February 23. The rules say that no tape viewing is involved at this level.

The official pre-nom list came out this morning and, with one exception, it matched the "unofficial" list that appeared a month before the ballots went out.

1) How did a list of pre-noms for 2 soaps get published a month before the official ballots went out?

2) Why was the "unofficial" list only for those 2 soaps? IOW, do the rest of the soaps not pre-pick their pre-noms before the process even starts?

3) Why have some actors talked about picking episodes for their submission tape before the pre-nom period even started, a period that the rules say doesn't involve any tape viewing?

Thanks to anyone who can explain how the process really works. :)

• Members

I'm absolutely tickled that Elizabeth Hubbard landed her first pre-nom in AGES. Hope she makes the cut.

Alicia Minshew is LEAD. What is that girl's problem? You graduated long ago girl, since even before Zendall ate AMC.

Ronn Moss's pre-nom is a joke. You're nominated in supporting RICK? I'm gonna kick your ass RICK! :lol:

Sad that Branco's pre-nom list was accurate. Sorry, again, Cooper wasn't lead last year. Neither was Chapman frankly. Cooper is this year, but not in '08. Sorry they screwed you MTS & EB!

I'm surprised Crystal Chappell regressed to the supporting actress category. Maybe she wasn't a lead last year?!? I don't really watch GL so somebody fill me in.

Good for Tamara Braun for landing a pre-nom for DAYS. Obviously the actors over there enjoyed her & her work.

As usual, ATWT is the only show that got their pre-noms just right (with the exception of Marnie Schulenberg). And people wonder why they get so many acting nominations every year. DUH! It's because that group of actors vote on the actual best performances of the year, rather than just voting for their friends and the people that bring in the doughnuts.

• Members

Melody Thomas Scott got royally screwed over by her own show. She should have been on this list waaay before the hammy Judith Chapman. And Eric Braeden long before CLB...who, IMO did nothing last year to warrant a nom at all.

The system is screwed up period and until it's fixed the daytime emmys will continue to more and more of a joke each year.

Archived