GL: March Discussion

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://rapidshare.com/files/204501444/3-02_Whole_show.wmv

Not a good start to the new month.

Way too much crap and filler. Like Cyrus calling Grady and telling him that he's taking Bill out of town on the Spaulding jet (WHY? WTH is that gonna do unless you plan to kill him and you don't) and Grady gloating about how they outsmarted Bill and are in the clear. Cyrus tries to explain to the rampaging dumbass that it's not that simple but he just doesn't get it.

3-024.jpg3-0226.jpg

Somebody needs to have a talk with whoever is coordination GL's location shoots because the continuity is still off. It's snowing in one place, but nowhere else. Or raining in one place, snowing in another. Or raining at the Spauldings but sunny at Company. :huh:

Today, Remy & Christina are walking in rather heavily falling snow.

3-021.jpg

In the very next shot, there is no snow falling and what's on the ground has melted some.

3-023.jpg

Maybe it stopped snowing? Not where R&C were because in their next scene, it was still snowing!

3-026.jpg

Back at the mansion, Alan & Buzz's dueling heart attacks is really pathetic, attacking each other as Remy & Christina try and help them.

3-0212.jpg

At the SPD, neither Rick nor Lizzie want to go to Phillip's bail hearing.

3-028.jpg3-029.jpg

Lizzie went to the courtroom gallery though and ran into Ashlee, which nowadays is a fate worse than death as she's become even dumber and more self-absorbed than DingBatDaisy. She even declares to Lizzie that her having been kidnapped twice is "Like so cool!". Seriously, if this stupid chick is dumb enough to be into Grady and finds being kidnapped like so awesome, she can fall into a woodchipper with him for all I care.

3-025.jpg

Speaking of the devil, literally, Grady is at the peak of his creepy idiocy today.

3-0210.jpg

Even Roxy knows he's a scumbag and tries to escape his wretched claws.

3-0220.jpg

At least one good thing came out of it, Lizzie has taken Roxy home and realizes how much she loves her.

3-0217.jpg3-0225.jpg

Apparently the casting people wanted to prove to us that they could, indeed, find someone even less appealing than Grady and put him on the air. Thankfully, unlike Grady, he was only onscreen for 3 seconds.

3-0213.jpg

Hmmm, the girl schtumping Grady and the girl who almost schtumped Cyrus pimping Aussie shampoo. Oh, the irony, it burns.

3-0211.jpg

Once again, the only thing worth seeing on this eppy is Phillip & Beth. Beth argues in Phillip's defense at his bail hearing and is more competent than the lawyer Alan hired, so Phillip fires him and asks Beth to represent him at the hearing. She does and his bail is approved. When they go back to the cell, to wait for the bail to go through, Phillip asks her to represent him at trial. She explains that she's only in law school and hasn't passed the bar. She tells him that he needs to hire somebody really good. Phillip says that that's exactly what he's doing. She says that she'll think about it.

3-0221.jpg3-0222.jpg

Four Muskateers-3rd Promo

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/Yoda...L3rd4Mpromo.flv

3-024M1.jpg

3-024M3.jpg3-024M2.jpg

3-024M5.jpg3-024M4.jpg

3-024M6.jpg3-024M7.jpg

3-024M8.jpg3-024M9.jpg

3-024M10.jpg3-024M11.jpg

3-024M12.jpg3-024M13.jpg

• Members

Slow start to the week... a lot of filler, but some great scenes between Beth and Phillip (wow... do those two still have it or what?!) and Remy/Christina. I'm still on the fence about her because I liked him with Ava, but she seemed "toned" down today. Buzz/Alan were funny with each other, but it's too bad that most of Lizzie's scenes had to be shared with Grady/Ashlee. I can't wait for tomorrow (Otalia) and the end of this week when we have The Four Musketeers reunion. Too bad today was a snow day in most areas... here's hoping a lot of people are home again tomorrow! :D

• Members

I swear to God, Ashlee has surpassed Jeffrey, Grady, and Y&R's Cane as one of the most annoying characters on daytime. I give them props for keeping an actress that isn't the usual soap opera "hair model," but enough!

And you know, I think

is an end that is just not good enough for Grady. I'm thinking strapping a string of dynamite around his head and igniting it like in the main character in Goddard's bizarre movie "Pierrot le Fou."

• Members

http://rapidshare.com/files/204906374/3-03_Whole_show.wmv

Aside from Otalia, this eppy is a freaking ordeal to try and get through. Was the rest of this episode supposed to be a special parody and nobody warned me?

Phillip hasn't been back for a month yet and I'm already sick of hearing Frank spewing the same Spauldings=evil; Coopers=Sainthood crap at him that he did five years ago. Is it just me?

3-039.jpg3-0310.jpg

I know that there are legitimate issues here but they never really deal with those anyway. Everybody gets all blustery and regurgitates the same lines over and over again, nothing truly gets resolved, and eventually an uneasy truce will be called for no apparent reason that will only last until the next poor Cooper gets their life destroyed by a big, bad Spaulding. Lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. :(

And Lizzie sees Phillip at the mansion and honestly thinks he's there to kidnap her? WTH?! If she'd been 7 or 8 the last time she saw Phillip I might understand but she knew her dad for 18-20 years by the time that all went down. She knew that he was a good man who loved her but was deeply ill and that he's clearly not anymore. She's afraid of Phillip but goes to the hospital to beg PsychoAlan to come home to protect her?! WTF?!

3-0338.jpg

Um...Lizzie dear your granddad's a psycho and you're rich! Hire a bodyguard. A real bodyguard. Not Cyrus or the guy who winked at you at the mini-mart. A guy with a resume and references. You can afford it.

An even bigger WTF, are we actually supposed to believe that PeapackSpringfield actually has it's own Spaulding-obsessed tabloid?!

3-037.jpg

Going back to PoorFrankie, what else can I call him? He finally got laid and the chick is so horrified that she's scrubbing floors with bleach because she can't get things "clean enough". Poor schlub, he must be a horrid lay. At least Olivia knows something's up.

3-031.jpg3-032.jpg

Frank of course is utterly clueless and is stunned when she tells him how wrong sleeping with him was and that she can't pretend it didn't happen either.

3-0320.jpg

I know Olivia's going through a lot right now and is very confused by why the hell would she give her scumsucking, eyeliner-wearing rapist the time of day much less share her problems with him?! WTH?! And I have to say this once and for all, why the hell does Bradley Cole have to enunciate every syllable by flailing arms? It's driving me nuts!

3-0322.jpg3-0321.jpg

At least Natalia goes home and eventually tells Olivia what happened and confesses that she doesn't love Frank, she just doesn't. GOOD SCENE alert. Was there actually a good scene hidden inside this train-wreck? Yes, I believe there was.

3-0333.jpg3-0334.jpg

3-0335.jpg3-0336.jpg

3-0337.jpg3-0344.jpg

3-0346.jpg3-0345.jpg

Oh goodie, we get Grady two days in a row. Why is it taking so long to get rid of him, anyway? Is it money? I'll pay the Orkin man myself if money's the problem.

3-0316.jpg

Okay, the baby Mallet & Dinah just committed fraud to get is adorable and I'm happy for any excuse to see a cute baby...

3-0325.jpg3-0326.jpg

...but I just had to gag when Mallet whispered to him:

"You have no idea how long we've been waiting for you."

Yeah, you and your little child bride have been waiting two whole months, what a living hell?! How on earth did you survive? :rolleyes:

Is this for real? Are we actually to supposed to feel for M&M here? Personally, I felt a lot more sympathy for Dinah. Having to stand there watching Mallet hold this beautiful baby and wanting to bring it home as a way to distract his goddaughter from their crappy lives rather than raise him with her, the woman he really loves and who probably can't have a biological child herself either after suffering three violent miscarriages. :(

Seriously, don't these writers realize how insulting this is? How many of their viewers have either struggled with infertility for YEARS firsthand or have known someone who has? What a slap in the face, this notion that Lurch & Pippi Longstocking somehow deserve a baby more than anybody in the whole wide world. A baby that apparently has parents after all too just because they've been married for a few whole months and kinda thought adding a baby would be cool even though they're totally mismatched, have no money to spare, and they can't get a baby from a legitimate adoption agency anywhere on the planet because he's a murderer and she likes to bang criminals. :weird:

Mallet walked right in and got a baby-a healthy, clean, and well fed baby no less-when the average age of a child in a Bosnia orphanage is 12.7 years old and care in those facilities can vary greatly. Bosnian orphans are of all ages and don't leave the orphanage, unless adopted, until age 18. It's inaccurate and irresponsible to only show babies being there and to show someone getting one so darn easily just because he brought in his ex-wife, had her forge a few documents, and didn't even have to show any paperwork to prove that they were still legally married or that she was his current wife, Marina Cooper.

I had no idea that Bosnian orphanges had such freshly painted walls and brand-new Honeywell thermostats. Nor did I know that people in Bosnia are color-blind.

3-033.jpg3-0324.jpg

Frankly, I think Dinah knows something's up too.

3-034.jpg

Like why is Pippi...er...I mean Marina, dressed like a Bosnian orphan herself? Who wears this kind of hideous crap of their own free will?

3-036.jpg3-035.jpg

And apparently Buzz hasn't washed his hair since 1982.

3-0317.jpg

Marina & Shayne? Er...no. Cute as friends, nothing more.

3-0318.jpg3-0319.jpg

But back to Dinah-mite, don't tell me that Mallet isn't still in love with her and she him. Don't even.

3-0314.jpg3-0315.jpg

• Members

Any bets that Bosnian baby is Lara's? Did they actually find her body and identify it? (I might have missed that part). I mean why all the videos/pictures of her, the fact that she was preggers and Shane didn't know it. Could they be going there? And why have Lurch & Pippi (i really like those names RVD, they fit then to a "T") adopt a baby from the last known place that Lara was seen alive. <_<

• Members

RVD your posts are awesome.

Gah those scenes at the orphanage were practically making my eyes bleed. Couldn't they have used Ellen Wheeler's office or one the basement where Buzz locked Coop in to shoot those scenes? Talk about a distraction.

I loved the Otalia scenes. I'm adoring the pacing of this storyline.

RVD I've learned that when it comes to Lizzie Spaulding and her neverending appreciation for the man who's responsible for her losing her daughter, there is no logic there whatsoever. I still remember a scenelast year where they had Lizzie cheerleading for Alan and Beth to get back together during the whole Peyton/Rick debacle.

• Members

I don't mind Olivia talking to Jeffrey as long as they won't go back to any story where she's obsessed with him. I think a lot of this has to do with the show's need to push Bradley Cole even though there is no more story for his character.

I hated that weird cover art (looked like some type of Steven King symbol with the backwards R), but I like the idea of Springfield having their own tabloid. I used to love the days when OLTL had the Intruder. Soap towns are so crazy, there would almost have to be glossies documenting the screwed-upness of said towns. I'm just amazed they had the budget, I'd have thought their tabloid would be printed on toilet paper.

I hope this is GL

Archived