Peyton Place Coming to DVD

detroitpiston

• Members

We're pleased to break the news that Shout! Factory has licensed the series, and is bringing it home to DVD at last beginning with their May 19th release of Peyton Place - Part 1. This first collection running 720 minutes long will arrive on 5 discs. The show's five-year run made the transition to color beginning with the beginning of the third season, but the first two years' worth of episodes were broadcast in black-and-white. From the information available to us right now, it appears that Shout! is preserving the original on-air presentation of full screen black-and-white video, with English mono audio. There's been no word yet about bonus materials, if any, but Shout! usually tries to include some sort of extras. The studio has provided us with a picture of the eye-catching package art for this title:

PeytonPlace_Part1.jpg

Full TVShowsOnDVD Article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its unbelievable that this show is finally coming to DVD! I have the show bootleg which is how I've seen it and I'm in love. I will be buying each set that comes out and can't wait to collect this on official DVD. I never expected them to release this show. Hopefully this and Knots Landing are successful and they start releasing more soaps. Now that the hype of TV DVD has died down they have more reasonable expectations for sales and different expectations for different type of shows. Now Warner Bros is saying Knots Landing sold well, just not as well as some of their major titles. Well duh, what would you even expect that?!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will supporting both releases! :)

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 13 2009, 04:33 PM)
Its unbelievable that this show is finally coming to DVD! I have the show bootleg which is how I've seen it and I'm in love. I will be buying each set that comes out and can't wait to collect this on official DVD. I never expected them to release this show. Hopefully this and Knots Landing are successful and they start releasing more soaps. Now that the hype of TV DVD has died down they have more reasonable expectations for sales and different expectations for different type of shows. Now Warner Bros is saying Knots Landing sold well, just not as well as some of their major titles. Well duh, what would you even expect that?!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will supporting both releases! :)

SON got me hooked on TV DVDs. Now I have so many. Shout Factory is awesome. I just read today where Designing Women will be released in May. I cant wait!! I am waiting for Rhoda too.

WB must have sold more of Dallas because they are coming out at a rapid speed. I can't wait for KL Season 2. I wish Falcon Crest were released on DVD too.

• Members

My God, I just can't believe this! This is absolutely fantastic news! I will be more than definitely buying, even though my experience with PEYTON PLACE is short, and I hope this opens the door to more forgotten PT soaps, as well as daytime ones, current and old!

• Members

Oh, I am definitely getting this in May! I wouldn't dare pass it up.

Some sleuthing and a little math tells me that 720 minutes is the first 24 episodes, which is from the September 15, 1964, premiered up to the episode that aired on December 8. Gosh, I hope that these sell well, I really do. I always get iffy when they get ambitious and decide to release shows with a huge amount of episodes. "Dallas" is being taken care of BEAUTIFULLY by Warner, yet "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" has sorta been abandoned by Sony. Shout! seems to be committed to bringing out shows that you won't normally see on DVD, so we'll see. I'm already planning to get "Room 222" next month and probably "Rhoda" in April.

Oh, and that cover is gorgeous. WHY did Mia cut her hair!?

• 1 month later...

Archived