AMC: Friday, January 30, 2009

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember a scene about 10 years ago when Rebecca Budig first arrived. It was a scene between Greenlee and Erica. Greenlee was reduced to tears (I can't remember why) and Erica was giving Greenlee a pep talk, raised her chin a little and said, "When you see me, I expect you to come out swinging." It was such a great exchange between two strong characters.

During Agnes's last stint as hw, I really believe that she was trying to usher in a new era of All My Children, introducing some fascinating young characters, like Bianca and Greenlee. But unfortunately, due to some meddling at the top, this never panned out the way it was supposed to. Greenlee has been ruined. Bianca, not quite ruined yet for me, although it's extremely close.

• Members

Sorry, but she is awake so deal and discuss the show. *L*

Jonathan- I actually felt that McTravesty (in her non-hacky moments) was trying this, as well, with the Fusion women (Kendall-Greenlee's Erica/Brooke type rivalry, but with a with a twist of family ties/Bianca), but then the Ryan love overwhelmed the show, along with Frons and his "vision". It really is sad that they choose propping and overkill than playing character-driven storylines, showcase the actor/ress's strengths and allow the audience to think for themselves, instead of "training" us.

As for today's show: Damn... way to dump everything on a recovering heart-surgery patient.

Archived