AMC: Friday, January 30, 2009

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right!

It makes me wonder how OLTL would tackle something like this, because with THAT many things happening while a "pivotal" character was out of commission for 3 months, I feel like OLTL would draw it out a little longer and play all the beats and decide which character should reveal which secret. It was just so randomly thrown out there, almost like they didn't care to explore the fallout. Kendall barely got to process the idea that Josh was dead before Erica was on to the "but it's okay because he lives on in you" and then I think Zach brought Reese in to meet her and the subject was completely changed. EXPLORE IT! They had a goldmine of scenes to explore here, and they were all skipped over!

I hope they'll get to it as Kendall adjusts back to Pine Valley life and I ALSO hope Kendall is not up and moving around at the Slater house by Wednesday, making it ALL about the Zach fathering Gabrielle drama. All these events could be enough to break the Slater marriage if played through properly.

• Members

I agree that this wasn't as good as Thursday's episode, but I still enjoyed it. I think Pratt hasn't quite figured out the right pace for each story in daytime yet. Dr. Sinclair/Aidan dragged out too long but Kendall is finding out everything at a breakneck pace!

I liked how Kendall cried when Greenlee told her about her engagement to Ryan, though. I hope it's foreshadowing that Kendall will stop them from marrying.

Dr. Sinclair is quite a piece of work, isn't she? I'm glad she found out who Aidan is so this storyline can move along.

I also feel sorry for Kathy losing another mom. That's three that she knows about so far. I wish Pratt hadn't dropped her hatred towards Krystal so fast because it would have added more gravitas if Kathy had slowly accepted her just to have Krystal suddenly leave.

Overall, though, Pratt is still leagues better than either McT or B&E!

Archived