AMC: Friday, January 30, 2009

• Members

poor Kathy. How saw was it when she said when mommies leave they never come back? Krystal is a nasty piece of trash. I hate her for the pain she's caused that child with her selfishness

Greenlee is getting upset bc she thinks something is off about Kendall bc she didnt get all excited about her being engaged to Ryan? Um, maybe she needs time to let the news of everything thats happened over the past 3 months settle in. She did JUST wake up from having a heart transplant.

I hate how they rushed to tell Kendall everything within the first hour of her waking up. She shouldnt have been that overwhelmed and bombarded like this

Bianca you insensiitive bitch. Dang, did she really have to tell Kendall about Zach being her baby's daddy that quick?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

poor Kathy. How saw was it when she said when mommies leave they never come back? Krystal is a nasty piece of trash. I hate her for the pain she's caused that child with her selfishness

True, true. Kathy has no luck with mommies..Dixie dead, Julia dead, Krystal gone...

Krystal is yuck.

• Members

Wow.

Kendall just woke up and she's learned that:

• Greenlee's engaged to Ryan
  • Annie's out of the picture
  • David Hayward's back in town
  • She's had a heart transplant
  • Bianca has a new daughter, Gabrielle
  • Bianca's engaged to Reese
  • Josh was in an "accident" and it was his heart donated to Kendall
  • Zach was the donor for Bianca and Reese's baby

That's not a little much?!

And she still doesn't know that Zach shot Josh for his heart, Babe is dead, JR's raging drunk, Amanda's pregnant...

Liked Thursday's episode better.

• Members

I actually thought Ms. Minshew did a great job with her scenes today - the subtle crying and chill attitude is SO her forte.

Yeah, these people are crazy for dropping so many bombs on her within the first 30 minutes --- Josh is dead, she has his heart, introducing Reese, learning that Zach is the father...good lord!

As sad as the Kathy comment is (about mommies always leaving) - I'm glad they had Krystal feel bad about breaking her promise to never leave Kathy.

• Members

And for the other Star Trek geeks out there:

Anyone ever seen the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Frame of Mind"?

TOTALLY resembles the Annie/Aiden/That Bitch of a Doctor storyline. Riker is in the looney bin acting all crazy - the staff is trying to convince him that he killed a man - he doesn't believe it and can't remember what happened - the staff gets pushy and has an agenda to get him to admit he killed someone so he can stand on trial - Beverly sneaks into the mental ward to convince him he's ok and shouldn't say anything......so many parallels - it's crazy!

Its a great episode - one of my favorites!

• Members

Interesting observation about the similarities in that Star Trek episode.

Way the hell too much, imo.

Plus, Kendall came to the life decision that she wants to bear a daughter child for Zach. :D

Kathy was heartbreaking. I enjoy the Tad and Krystal stuff because it seems so real in how some nasty divorces go down (well aside from the involuntary drugging)

Alicia was quite good in giving Kendall an otherness quality. But there were days and days worth of drama unloaded on still groggy Kendall's lap in one episode. No real chance to feel the emotional impact. I loved the interaction between Kendall and Binx, Greenlee and Erica. I liked AM's scenes with Zach. Interesting a tear rolled down her cheek and Greenlee described Kendall as upset when Greenlee mentions she's engaged to Ryan.

Erica does *not* like Reese, no need to wonder about her intentions bringing Claire to the bridal shower.

I enjoyed the Oakhaven scenes, though I giggled a bit during some of Aidan's self-talk through the truth serum. Interesting he flipped things on her. Boy she was laying out his history once she found out his identity. Bitch Doctor is intense.

• Members

I really enjoyed today's episode, and gulp, didn't even mind that Kendall is out of the coma. I liked her today; AM did a really good job. And I thought it was hilarious that Kendall kept finding out event after event that happened during her three month coma, because it really emphasized Pratt's fast-paced writing! :)

• Members

Great episode overall - good tension throughout the episode. However, I think Pratt is doing himself and us fans a disservice by unloading all these revelations all in one episode. He could've stretched this out for a few days or even a few weeks and let the tension build over time and milk the audience's anticipation of the next reveal, and then the next reveal, and then the next, etc. Really, I think that's the way to 1) increase ratings 2) tell compelling stories. This is why Agnes Nixon was so successful because she stuck to the "make them laugh, make them cry, make them wait" formula.

In Pratt's defense, maybe he had his back against the wall because he had two of his actors' contracts expiring (Riegel and Braun) and therefore had to squeeze a lot of story into a small time frame. But still I think he could've found a way to space out these revelations over a few days.

• Administrator

I agree. I was so disappointed when Bianca told Kendall about Zach being the donor. It's way too fast. I'm a fan of big revelations, and this just sucked.

Sadly, I'm losing faith in Pratt. I'm not feeling any stories.

Exactly. Stretch things out and build tension and anticipation, Pratt! This is daytime not primetime! Slow down.

Archived