AMC: Monday, January 19th, 2009

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no problem with Josh's demise and am glad that story is gone now forever and that Erica gets to make this choice. I like how Pratt tied that up with a bit of irony.

I loved Susan's understated performance. I think the shellshocked, almost non-reactions by some of the characters fit. I mean we can't hardly process it all as viewers, imagine how stunning and little of all that you could process if it was supposedly really happening to you.

I think there was too much in this one episode to really let the audience feel the impact of the level of these really horrific life or death (Erica's Sophie's Choice; Zach's Choice). I wish this beat of Josh's story had had at least one more episode from it. I hope Pratt, who as done so well with the impact of Babe's death (as in not ignoring it even if some of the crying over Babe grows wearisome to me sometimes), imo will also have these events given an appropriate impact on the characters.

Josh's Bianca dislike seems out-of-the-blue, but it was explained and Bianca's been called out as Erica's fave, so no big issue with his dislike there for me.

Angie and Jake are fun together. The results of the Tic-Tac testing are in. They're spearmint!

RPG, I think he's very funny and I like him with Greenlee, but I find his choices almost strange. His acting often takes me out of what moment we're in because he's trying extra hard to be witty but mostly Jake just seems like a damned jerk.

My fave line of the day and oh what it says about Zach: Zach comes in and says Josh is shot in the head, take out his heart and put it in Kendall and David pauses for a long time and says, "Is he dead yet?" Made me and the gf laugh out loud.

I don't get why TK would play Zach with so little empathy. A little hurt in his eyes for what he's doing or at least how it's all going down. A flicker of humanity for Josh and Erica. I get he was in mission mode for Kendall but still...give me something. From a story standpoint, I understand that Josh shot first so Zach should technically be forgiven (and he was protecting Reese and others) but there is something very ghoulish about the lack of humanity there.

David Canary was tearing it up! I loved his scenes with JR and Colby. DC is helping NuNuColby get better. Loved how Adam is certain David is coming after Lil A next and trying to get his family prepared.

• Members

Thorsten Kaye knew that no matter what he did his fan base wouldn't care anyway.

I have been at other boards and they are saying there was no way Zach did this on purpose. He had no way of knowing that Josh would die. Plus he had every right to shoot Josh for all he has done to him. Or as we have said they see this all as some big romantic gesture. And there is no love ever in the land of soaps like the love that Zach and Kendall share.

I don't think Zach lost one fan yesterday - not that had already crawled up in his ass and taken residence. He didn't poop out one of them.

And oh man I love reading the references brought up on some boards who obviously can't quite justify what Zach did - so they turn to the obvious. Bashing Ryan and Tad. They list all of Tad and Ryan's offenses - as if that makes what Zach did okay.

All I have to say is if this is such a great defense why hasn't every lawyer in the world latched on to it.

Well judge and jury my client here might have went into the bank and stole this money. And sure he shot that guard. But hey he is not Jeffrey Dahmer. He's not Charles Manson. Look at what they did.

• Members

I actually don't think Josh and Bianca ever really did get a chance to really bond together like real brother and sister. They had a few conversations that were mostly about Babe and Zoe for the most part back in 2006/2007. They never really got to know eachother. He was protective of Bianca and Kendell during the serial killer storyline but nothing of real substance with Bianca for the most part.

I do think Josh and Kendell had a relationship that was pretty deep. They fought and argued constantly but Josh for the most part was there for Kendell. He was there for her when Spike's hearing was damaged, he was there for her when Spike was kidnapped, he was there for her when baby Ian was in the hospital, ect. He was just always there and I think Kendell was the closest he was with anyone in his biological family.

I thought that was quite disgusting and a little tacky to be honest. It wasn't clever at all.

I don't think it will. I think it's pretty obvious they will white wash Zach and make him a hero as Zendell is the primo example of what a couple should be in Pine Valley. Josh will not get sanctified in death, he will be forgotten and most likely never mentioned again. Pratt just did this to end the creation of the unabortion.

I don't think so. This whole "Josh doesn't fit in" thing doesn't fit at all. It never did. From the start of Pratt's writing of Josh it never made sense. All of it did come out of the blue and none of it was plausiable at all. It makes no sense.

TO be honest after yesterday's episode Zach just seems like a heart harvester. He reminds me of Viki's dad from OLTL strapping down his grand daughters and cutting out there hearts so he could live.

• Members

I realized long ago that Zach was a thug because only a thug would cause a citywide blackout endangering hospital patients and destroying eggs that didn't belong to him to stop his slutty wife from having Ryan's baby. Heaven forbid he look at the real problem (his wife is obsessed with Ryan), but no, that isn't Zach's style. I tolerate Zach when he is not sharing scenes with Kendull, and you have to admit, he is mighty fine. Once you reconcile yourself with the truth about Zach, he is so easy to watch.

But no, there was absolutely nothing romantic about what Zach has done, and I hope Pratt does not even think about writing it like that.

ANDREA

• Members

I loved Trey back then, I never did get over what Reggie did to him. I've never been sure about wanting him to return. I think he'd probably get what Di got, played by some random actor for an episode, killed off immediately afterwards. I'd rather believe Trey is happy somewhere.

• Members

He's David's brother, he's Kendall's brother, the time is right. Unfortunately he's probably been erased better than an unabortion shot in the head like deer. Trey is serving the longest soap sentence ever for - arson? It was arson, right?

• Members

Having Trey back would be awesome. What was his sentence when he went off to prison back in 03? Something like 5-10 years? I'd love to have that sexy piece of reformed evil back on the canvas, but I think Sam Page has gone on to other stuff, right?

And just because it's easier to do this than it is to try to reason with a large percentage of Zendallfanatics:

ZACH SLATER IS A DOUCHEBAG.

If Zach didn't mean to kill Josh, why did he aim for his freaking HEAD?! When Zach saw Josh holding Reese at gunpoint, a lightbulb went off in his head. He could kill the guy, get a heart for his precious Kendull, and no one would think twice about his actions. David should open his mouth and tell everyone exactly what Zach had told him last week. But of course, no one would believe David at all.

Hannah's ghost should bust a cap in his ass.

• Members

It's pretty lame that they brought Di and Josh back for all of two days just to kill them. Does somebody behind the scenes have something personal against these characters, I mean I can understand the Josh thing, but killing Di was pretty unnecessary whether you liked the character or not. Yesterday with Josh I was thinking, "Geesh, dude doesn't even have that many lines..." I'm not all up in his wallet so I don't know what his situation is, but if I was CE I would have let them clean up their own mess and passed on doing the eps... let them get a day player recast like Di.

**One final word on Josh... I have loved Susan Lucci/Erica Kane for as long as I can remember. I doubt CE has the same connection as I do, he was a model turned actor just looking for a job. But if *I* had the opportunity to play Erica Kane's child, regardless of inane s/l, I would absolutely jump at the chance and rationalize the stupidity and tell all of the haters to suck it. I'd hope that the fans would support my storyline because it would be like a dream come true for me. So it's tough. Yet all of this could have been avoided.

Archived