AMC: Monday, January 19th, 2009

• Members

Thorsten Kaye really hurt himself by choosing to play Zach this way.

I just would really like to know how the script was written at first. And why in the world Kaye would choose to play Zach this way. It is as if he is trying to singlehandedly destroy Zach and Zendell. Because this will not gain him or Zendell any fans at all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are already some people defending what he did and romanticizing it at Soapcentral. I think that what Zach did was very wrong and very disgusting but there are some that think that it was romantic, and that he did "what he needed" to do for Kendall. I think that if another character had done what Zach had done today, like Ryan, or Greenlee, or someone else, they wouldn't get the same leeway that Zach is getting by some.

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if someone said that or if multiple people said that.

• Members

I hope Zendall impodes once and for all after this. I want this couple off my soap - hell Kendall can stay. Take her two boys and leave this thug. Zach can join his brother and father.

Hell no, Greenlee can't even catch a break for sitting and talking to Kendall. :rolleyes:

• Members

This is what I'm talking about when I say Pratt's writing lacks depth. The way Zach asked Reese if she was okay made it seem like she slipped on the ice. I keep expecting a scene where we really get to Bianca break down at the thought that she might've lost Reese but I doubt we'll get it.

JR's a waste. And I think the actor is wearing a girdle.

TK must be trying to sabotage something. The character, the couple, his job, something because he's better than this. We've seen him be better than this.

• Members

That's so true. And Ryan is constantly getting bashed no matter what he does. He gets bashed for doing the right thing and for doing nothing. Greenlee, and Ryan would be called monsters and bashed up down the boards by a lot of people if they acted the way that Zach has acted today. But for some what Zach did was okay because it's "romantic" and he did it for Kendall.

• Members

Oh, I made the mistake of going to SOC and now I regret it. Some people are just straight up delusional whack jobs. "Name me one person on this show wou wouldn't have done the same thing!"

Okay.

Reese, Greenlee, Adam, Krystal, Taylor, Annie, Jake, David, Tad, Erica, Joe, Brot, Ryan, Kendall, Palmer, Colby, Angie, Bianca, Frankie, Amanda, Aidan, Randi, Jack, Jesse, JR.

Ah, but you know who would?

sonny.jpg

• Members

Yeah, give me a friggin break. The hypocrisy is almost laughable on these "boards" across the net that alot of posters use to try and back up their baseless claims.....

It will be interesting to see what they do with Zonny and Karly following this "act of love" I am very interested to see if Pratt has the balls to split them up.... very interested.

• Members

Hell on another board they have been attacking Ryan all week because a spoiler says

He is not even supposed to do that.

I want to know where in the hell are the Martin's during this. I do say Pratt missed that one. He is making it all about Erica and the Kanes when Josh does have another family in Pine Valley.

Pratt missed the boat on that in the same way that MMT, B&E and so many others made things one sided. It would be more poignant to show all of Josh's family there.

• Members

I think it would be interesting if Erica snapped out of guilt and ended up trying to take some legal action against Zach for intentionally killing her son... I know I know, Zach was "protecting Reese" :rolleyes: but there was certainly motive there. And then Erica's whole internal struggle between joy and pain, her daughter saved, her son sacrificed... they could just turn her into a big ball of a mess of emotions. The writers could juice this s/l, they never explore things as fully as they could.

Well Josh will never be forgotten with his heart beating in Kendall's chest... you take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have...

LMAO at J.R. in a girdle.

• Members

The most the Martins got, I think, was Jake saying "Oh wow, that's sad. Grandpa said that he wanted to try to get to know Josh. Guess it's too late blah blah blah." Ugh.

And what boils my blood even further is how people are all "Well, I won't hate Zack because of the way he is being written..." Where the hell was this sentiment when McTash spit on Ryan and Greenlee and ruined them!?

• Members

Again..... I hope Pratt has the balls to make the town gang up against Zach. I would love an Erica/Zach showdown..... which would force Kendall to take a side. Initially I can see that shrew trying to back up her husband which would create my much sought after Kendall/Erica rivalry again.... and then eventually for her to see the light and join Erica..... and divorce his sorry ass.

• Members

That is the favorite thing for fan bases to use these days. It is an excuse or a rationalization so that they can still love their fave and not blame them for anything.

I can remember it so much during the Kendall and Babe wars that have taken place here and on other boards. Babe will be bashed to high heaven and then when someone would point out what Kendall was doing the argument was about the way Kendall was being writting right now and they could excuse them because of it.

And that is another reason soaps are dying. That mentality allows writers to do whatever they damn well please because they know if they kiss the asses of the particular fan base they can get by with anything.

Archived