AMC: Monday, January 19th, 2009

• Members

Poor Erica. Doesn't anybody care how she feels? :o Zach is so damn cold about her losing her son. :angry:

I wish Jackson was there to comfort her. She really needs him. :wub:

I wish I could be sadder about Josh but I never bought him as Erica's son to begin with. It was a stupid storyline from the start but I do hate seeing Erica in pain.

That's fine but too bad these fanbases can't feel the same about other characters/couples who can use that same excuse. There was a thread this past weekend that I read that could have used that same explanation instead of bashing the guy and the couple because the writing wasn't up to par for them. :huh:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a nother thing that makes me wonder how much we will see Ray MacDonnell from now on. I know that some say not to worry because PRatt seemed to love him but that was all before we learned about the pay cuts. Since then most mentions of Joe have been just that - mentions.

I think before Pratt would have used Joe here but again we don't see him.

I wish some writer or producer or someone would just come out and give us a clearer picture of just how much the lessening budgets affect the show. If we knew maybe some things wouldn't be criticized as much but the not knowing just leaves it open for viewer interpretation and questioning. Like this really clouds me on part of Pratt's writing because he didn't make the scene as poignant as it could have been but if he was limited by budget on who he could use it might make a difference in my mind - notice I said might.

I konw from some writers we have learned that scenes on other shows were written differently because new sets couldn't be put up. I just wonder how much other stuff it is affecting too.

• Members

I have to say Susan Lucci played the scenes better tahn I ever imagined. She didn't go overboard or overact like she sometimes has a tendency to do. She was really understated and subtle. I really felt for her.

One particular scene that stood out for me was when she rushed to his side and Josh told her he loved her. Erica looked like she wanted to say it back but wouldn't or couldn't. That scene really affected me. Erica has a hard time with Josh - accepting him and learning to love him. You could see in her eyes that she loved him and she was hurting. But she couldn't bring herself to say those 3 little words. It really fit with the whole story for me.

• Members

I agree that most people wouldn't have done what Zach did and then acted the way that he did afterwards. Zach shot Josh in the head on purpose, knowing that it would kill him, so that he could get Kendall's heart. Zach is an expert marksman, he could have shot Josh anywhere, but he chose to shoot him in a place that he knew would leave him brain dead and kill him. And then acted like a cold, cruel, and insensitive jerk afterwards. I don't think that most characters would have done that.

I've seen Ryan get bashed for that too. IMO, it makes sense that he would think that, especially if gets to talk to Zach and Zach is behaving similar to the way that he was today, and saying cold stuff about Josh and Kendall needing his heart. I wonder if Erica's going to be shown thinking about this as well.

I also wonder why someone didn't try to contact Jeff or least contact someone in Africa so that he could be notified about what's going on. He's Josh's father and has loved and wanted Josh since the moment that he found out about him. Someone should have tried to call him or least call someone in Africa so that he could be notified about what was happening to his son.

Zach and Kendall definitley always get the "OOC, bad writing" excuse for their bad actions by a lot of people, but other characters don't get the same leeway even though they have also received bad writing. Ryan, Greenlee, and other characters have received bad writing, and some cases horrible writing, but they are completely responsible for what they do, yet Zach and Kendall aren't because they are being "written OOC" and get "hack writing." So whatever they do is excused away by a lot of people.

• Members

I'm watching right now - half-way through - and I can barely take it.

Zach is making me want Josh to live and let Kendall die. Seriously, what a bastard he's being. I feel no sympathy and no remorse for Zach at all. Bossing the hospital around - yelling demands that they keep this guy alive so he can take his heart - while Josh's family and former friends are there still trying to accept that he's dying. [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I think this is going to be known as one of the bigger mistakes of the Pratt regime. Not the story per se but how it was executed, no pun intended. It's not all his fault. Thorsten made some spectacularly bad acting choices here, but this really spotlights Pratt's (and ABC's) weaknesses.

• Members

Zach is an ass. That was truly disgusting and insensitive of him as far as Erica is concerned. What made him even think they could just use Josh's heart? He wasnt dead nor did Zach know he couldnt be saved at that point and there's still the matter of whether he would be a match or not

• Members

I think this is exactly how they wanted the scenes. Pratt's writing focuses on very unsympathetic people who believe they are in the right at all times. Zach, Jake, David, Ryan, and Tad fit the bill. I don't think we're supposed to like them, or hate them, we're just supposed to see them as strong and be riveted by them.

I don't know if this is what AMC is supposed to be, that's in the eye of the beholder, but I think this is very in line with how Pratt sees his characters, both on GH and AMC.

• Members

I hope so too! Zendall have been dragging AMC down for far too long and this storyline shows how Zach's hubris makes him completely unsympathetic.

I know! The worst part is how he declared Josh unworthy of living in front of Erica & Bianca. Zach's always been ruthless and cruel, especially to his own son Ethan, but now he's become totally heartless (no pun intended)!

Archived