FX Damages

rhinohide

• Members

I'm really enjoying Campbell Scott this season. I find his acting very interesting and there isn't a role I've seen him in that didn't draw me in. On the other hand, I'm desperate to see Martin Short surprise me this season, as Ted Danson and many others have.

Last episode had to have some of the best family drama I've seen in ages, with the Parson's family dinner and all the events following. I appreciate the writers not going through the plots to try and reintroduce Ellen back to Patty's fold. THey simply defined character driven drama, and following last week I could believe Ellen doing just about anything.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I finally finished season 2 last night.

Started watching it a year ago, then was not too excited about it and read the so-so reviews, hence dropped it. Recently re-watched the 6 episodes of season 2 and now caught up with the rest. Actually I liked this season a lot, on second view. It was somehow different form the original premise of season 1 (even though the general stories continued): it became more family drama oriented (loved the Daniel Purcell twist and Marcia Gay Harden sexing it up), but lost some its thrill. The twists got slightly less shocking or foreseeable because the show focuseed on Patty vs. Ellen.

It was character driven soapy drama. The writers really believed that those two actresses could pull grand masterpiece theatre off and they did. I found it interesting that they chose to portray Patty as cold and vindictive with her son (throwing Michael out upon him not applying for colleges and falling in love with his Mrs. Robinson girlfriend) as they did. Instead of redeeming Patty they more or less continued to villainify her. Yet Glenn Close sold it perfectly.

I'm really interested in season 3 now - although Lost's final season is runners up. Which show should I choose first? ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived