Image Award Nominees

• Members

Actor in a Daytime Drama Series

Bryton McClure - "The Young And The Restless" (CBS)

Cornelius Smith, Jr. - "All My Children" (ABC)

Dan Martin - "The Bold and the Beautiful" (CBS)

Montell Williams - "The Guiding Light" (CBS)

Texas Battle - "The Bold and the Beautiful" (CBS)

Actress in a Daytime Drama Series

Christel Khalil - "The Young And The Restless" (CBS)

Debbi Morgan - "All My Children" (ABC)

Eva Marcille - "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)

Nia Peeples - "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)

Tonya Lee Williams - "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree Debbi Morgan has more talent than the rest of her competition put together. Very strange that Renée Jones(Lexie, DAYS) wasn't nominated for Best Actress and a huge hole in the noms for Actor, with Darnell Williams(Jesse, AMC), James Reynolds(Abe, DAYS) & Kristoff St. John(Neil, Y&R) not being nominated. Heck even Mario Van Peebles (ex-Samuel, AMC) could've been nominated ofer some the ones who did get nominated.

• Members

Same old, same one...

The Image Awards are worse than the Emmy's. I have a feeling no one on their committee watches these shows and picks the nominees randomly. There is no excuse for why Khalil, Marcille, Battle, Martin, and Montell Williams are nominated. Y&R, having more minority characters than the rest seems to benefit though.

• Members

I don't watch GL, but I thought Montel's appearances could be counted on one hand. That's gotta burn a little that he got a nom and Lawrence didn't. Darnell has had some weird days of scenery chewing and spitting since his return, but to be bumped off the roster for Williams and Battle, no way. Well at least Debbi isn't up against the girl who plays Randi.

I was thinking this list was unfairly CBS biased, then I realized...

• Members

B&B has black people on there? :o Since when? The last black actor I remember on B&B was Usher.

I think Debbie Morgan's got this in the bag (or rather she SHOULD). And Montell Williams . . . not THE Montell Williams is it?

• Members

Dan Martin has been on B&B for 11 years, BUT he's only a recurring character and I dont see why he was even nominated considering he hasnt done anything significant. The other black nominee, Texas Battle, plays Marcus, Brooke's nephew, and he is painful to watch

Yep, the talk show host ended his show and wound up on GL....lol

• Members

I was saying earlier on another message board, there aren't that many minority actors on soaps anymore, so there's no real pool of talent to pull nominations from. If anything, there is probably only one minority actor every year who is really deserving of it and sometimes, there isn't even one. It's probably time they scrapped the category.

• Members

OH MY GOD YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THAT B&B QUOTE.

And needless to say, Khalil is laughable.

And OLTL really needs to get a strong African American family on the show. I am sick of the lack of diversity on my fave soap.

I think daytime might as well ditch this award, the Writers Guild award, and the emmys.

Archived