Image Award Nominees

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Darnell Williams, Kristoff St John (how did HE not get nominated when Eva Marcille, Bryton McClure, Christel Khalil Nia Peeples and Tonya Lee Williams all were?!) James Reynolds and Renee Jones should have been nominated. Those 4 are at least consistently decent actors...what a slap in the face.

• Members

Her sister Donna managed to have a black baby when she was about five or six years old.

And not for nothin', but why do the soaps cast the biracial characters with black actors and the black characters with biracial actors??

• Members

They view us the same. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback on Donna. The last time I briefly checked in to B+B, Donna and Eric were getting it on. I quickly changed the channel. They kinda remind me of Holly Madison and Hugh Hefner.

• Members

Exactly, yet yes and no... Obama and Halle Berry for example, though biracial and raised by white people, identify as black given their upbringing and physical characteristics. I'm biracial, and I always identify as such. My upbringing and social interactions have been so even that I feel uncomfortable identifying myself as one or the other. I simply will not chose, and the "world" hasn't chosen for me b/c my look is ambiguous. I'm just saying that I find it a little odd that they tend to cast black as biracial and vice versa b/c to me it just seems silly at times. A Debbi Morgan and a Darnell Williams do not a Jason Olive make. And yes, I know genetics are a wacky unpredictable kinda thing, but I know that, not so sure that Joe Blow EP/network exec does (or cares :P ).

I have made a lot of race-related posts today, and I hope that I'm not coming across as some kind of militant. It's just that I love great acting (great actors!) and great storytelling, I am so *hungry* for REAL, gritty stuff in daytime, and it just so happens that stories about characters of different ethnicities is one of many of daytime's weak points.

I think acting awards for daytime stars will become more and more of a joke as the seasoned vets will year by year be replaced by the MWM (Models Who Memorize). I don't think that the majority of the "actors" on daytime deserve to be awarded for anything. Their paychecks are enough reward.

• Members

Not really. Besides Y&R, what is there? ATWT sometimes has Bonnie and even less that Derek dude. B&B has Marcus and very seldom the police officer. GL has Remy, and I don't really watch much anymore, so maybe there's more. Didn't he get married to some chick not too long ago? AMC has more black people on contract than ATWT, B&B, and GL all have together.

Archived