2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Good for him! He's been a writers assistant since at least 1997 (I don't have any credits with his name in it before 1997). He's paid his dues (if this is a trial and not a one-two time thing).

• Members

Does anyone know when Sheffer and Hamner's contracts are up at Y&R?

It's coming up on a year of this HW regime at Y&R, and yeah, the show just sucks right now. I realize that getting rid of Maria might be hard, but her henchmen are as bad for this show as she is, and I bet she's blaming them for the downfall, so they're most likely to be replaced.

• Members

Sheffer was definitely summertime, but I don't remember Hamner. And who knows if all that strike crap ended up shifting people's cycles, so even with Toups' database, I'm not sure the dates would even mean anything.

• Members

How long are HW contracts generally, and do they have a set cycles?

Granted, a contract seems to mean very little these days, so I'm interested in the cycle aspect too.

Don't get me wrong, I feel all three of Y&R's HW's need to be fired, but I bet Maria will place all the blame on her Co-HW's before herself.

• Members

This is pretty much a propos of nothing but I just found out that some old acquaintances of mine who live in Connecticut now are hoping to get a puppy in the next year from none other than Megan McTavish. I wondered if she might be the breeder because the name of the place is "GlenMegan" and I knew she lives in Connecticut and has alot of dogs, and sure enough it's her.

Archived