2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
LOL. She sure was cocky wasn't she?

So, I must ask, while I have your attention, I'm kind of a casual AMC viewer(I paid attention more during the Zach/Reese stuff), but how do you think Dufour stacked up in comparison to your least favorite AMC scriptwriter? I saw her "Zeese" dialogue through edits on YouTube and I was kind of unimpressed. It just didn't seem like a conversation two successful business people in their 30's(or in Zach's case, 40's) would be having, even after a few drinks. Are/were there worse than her on the staff? I know how much you hate Beall, but I wondered about your thoughts on Dufour in comparison to Beall and other AMC staffers.

And I'm hoping for an answer other than, "Watch the show."

• Members

Watch the show!

No, I'm kidding! :P

Anyway, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), her stint was too short for me to formulate any solid opinion. Your word "unimpressed" certainly fits. She didn't do anything that made an impression on me either way. I couldn't establish any continuous patterns -- unfavorable or otherwise -- the way I was able to do with Beall (Bitch, whore, slut, skank), Bugler (uneven and awkward -- don't get me started on the Beach Speech) and Taylor (Redundant, repetitive and redundant). From Bugler's first couple of scripts, though, I knew that woman sucked!

• Members
Ah, so Rebecca Taylor is the one you referenced when you mentioned the writer who(even before AMC writers allegedly had to write their own breakdowns/outlines) finds ten billion ways to say the same thing in one scene, right?

Interesting. I'll have to find a Rebecca Taylor show(via YouTube or watching live) and see what I think about it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Administrator

ATWT:

- Peter Brash last listed as Script Writer on July 17

- Leslie Nipkow back listed as Script Writer on July 20

I *think* it ended. I haven't heard anything about her being picked up. Maybe someone else knows.

• Members
That's not nearly as bad as Josh Griffith's "Waiting For You While I Smile On My Webcam" profile pic.

Nice guy, but Jesus...do you want everyone thinking you're a "To Catch a Predator" candidate? I'm sure he's had professional photos of himself taken. He should be ashamed for making that available for all to see!

Archived