2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hinsey wants a job alright, but not the kind of job we can talk about without warnings and mods stepping in.

(FYI, I don't dislike her as much as I dislike Reiner and Coleridge. At least she hands GH its ass every once in awhile. Will never forget how she said on The View GH will win because they make episodes geared towards winning. That was hilarious. Frons has never asked her back.)

• Members

Oh NO, Daytime Confidential is reporting that Josh Griffith has landed a trial writing gig at GH. Looks like Guza picked up his old SB/SuBe friend...

Griffith is a decent Script Writer, but does GH need anyone else, if only for a trial? I do have a bias against him though, since I hated his time as EP of Y&R...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2009/06/23/breaking-news-former-yr-exec-josh-griffith-lands-trial-writing-deal-with-general-hospital

• Members

Josh Griffith = Nice guy who bit off more than he could chew and is looking to land on his feet doing anything.

At GH will have an Executive Producer replacement waiting in the wings, should JFP decide to leave or get fired. :)

• Members

That's a problem Y&R seems to repeat with its power-hungry EP/HW over and over again. First Latham, then Griffith, and now Maria Arena Bell have bitten off more than they could chew. Say what you want about Jack Smith, but he was much more competent the EP/HW role than anyone else that came after him.

:lol:

God, that would suck so bad, Griffith's production and apparently storyline meddling sucked ass.

• Members

Reiner is now a very successful reality show producer (even won an Emmy). The others you mentioned.... the less said, the better.

Totally random, but Michael Cinquemani (formerly of GH) is now a staff writer for "Brothers and Sisters". Hope it works out for him; he totally deserves it.

• Members

I didn't feel it at the time, but in retrospect, out of everyone since Bill Bell to be both HW/EP, Smith's tenure was the most successful, though it wasn't without its huge faults. At least the show still felt like Y&R under him, which is a stark contrast to the Latham regime, and even Maria Bell's regime. Maria might on the surface tell Bell-esque stories, but her execution is so un-Y&R and she doesn't like to tell some core types of storylines that were a major part in this show's success. The ratings decline was there for Smith, but it is Maria Bell that drove this show down to the mid/lower 3's. It's been over a year and a half of Maria Bell being involved there, I feel her problems have gotten worse and she seems to have no intention of addressing most of them, which I've posted about in greater detail in the Potpourri thread.

• Members

Has there ever been a writer on DAYS named Anne Toole? I found her linked to two episodes on IMDB from 2004 and I didn't see a profile for her in The Writers and Directors thread but I wanted to double checked before I had her removed.

Archived