2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If that's true, I saw none of Lemay's greatness during Swajeski's time as HW of AW. It was pretty run of the mill soap to me, and it hasn't aged that well, I'd say.

Ugh, so now CBS is forcing sh!t on B&B's writing team? It won't be long before they come blazing in with guns like they did at Y&R. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, if Tomlin needed to send Myers packing as well, I could easily live with that too lol :P

Quite sad about Cydney Kelly leaving though - not only was she a good script writer, but also the last female SW left after Jodie Scholz left earlier this year. I'm not sure how that will affect the show though...

Ryan Quan wasn't great IIRC. Days needs more script writers, and good ones too to compensate for John Newman being there. I wonder if Michele Poteet-Lisanti will start writing scripts like she did at OLTL? Was she any good there?

Thanks for all the advance info Toups!

• Members

I think Dena Higley is with DAYS till the end, so I don't think it's worth speculating. The ratings have been good and her storytelling is very generic, unoffensive soap opera, so she's a safe fit. Her DAYS is very dull and has no personality so I don't understand how it does well. I guess like B&B, people are just happy for some consistency (in that case, it's consistently nuts with lots of glamor and romance).

I'm very disappointed that Swajeski is joining B&B. I did enjoy the PC arcs, but her work at GL was terrible. She was Kreizman's Co-HW and they were just a terrible team. Very odd move if you ask me. B&B doesn't really need new script writers. That's the most successful area of their writing team.

Archived