2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Yup. I know. That's why I said why on Earth did they bring him at all? We have seen those attempts of assigning Guza a consultant fail epically every single time. Guza is a kind of writer which just doesn't work with consultants. I just cannot imagine Guza ever wanting one nor consulting one on his own initiative.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to know that as well. I came across a GH eppie from 2006 the other day (from the period where Laura awoke and remarried Luke) and was stunned to see that the beautifully-written dialogue was written by Tracey Thomson.

• Administrator

Gary Tomlin will!! DAYS writing staff was a lot cheaper before Tomlin started to bring in his writers. Look at all the veteran writers he brought over: Fran Myers, Richard Culliton, Jeanne Ford, David Cherrill, Michelle Lisanti, Lisa Seidman, Chris Whitesell.

Bob Guza's going to let someone consult him? Yeah right. LOL I heard he wrote a few episodes and then was bounced.

• Administrator

He already has room. Right now there's just 3 SWs on contract: Newman, Culliton, Cherrill. Ryan Quan's on trial right now - if Tomlin picks him up, there's still room for CS for a total of 5 SWs on contract.

• Members

Nelson did a new interview with Patrick Mulcahey, for those of you interested.

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/090806_santa_barbara_NB

Loved his stories, and what he said about Nancy and Stephen at GL and how early 90's GL was his most satisfying experience as a writer on soaps. :wub:

He also talked about how Marland, Bell, and Curlee/Demorest wrote soaps for everyday viewers, but how the Dobsons would write good episodes, but not so good storylines. He also claimed that he, Nancy, and Stephen wrote most of the outlines when they were on GL together.

And Toups, he mentioned Reilly basically telling him stories about what a dumbass John Conboy was. LOL!

• Members

Shame on me for laughing, but this was one of the best quotes in this interview (about Jackie Smith): "Sadly, she ended up dying from a brain tumour not too long after that. You had to be [dense] not to know there was something wrong with her mind. She was crazy. It was no fun, and as much as I loved the show, I had to leave."

• Members

^LOL! Yes, that was hilarious.

I also laughed at how he said GH was like the lunatics controlling the asylum, where the actors were usually the ones who would dictate storylines and refuse to act what was written. Compared to his experiences at SB and GL, where JFP would send the actors to him and they would discuss things.

Archived